• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Male survivor of an historical sexual abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male survivor of an historical sexual abuse

I find myself somewhat at a lost - after decades of not disclosing what had happened to me at the age of 11, I finally had the courage and conviction to approach the police. This was not taken lightly and it was primarily with my wife's support that lead me to approach the police. Throughout the police's 'investigations' which I in my opinion was half-heartily done. For example, the lead detective had told the lead investigator not to contact me. This information only came to light when they both sat down with me to stated their decision was NFA. They interviewed witnesses via e-mail or phone, which in my humble opinion does not constitute the proper manner to truly ascertain a serious allegation of sexual offence no matter the length of period.
    Naturally, I was not satisfied with the police's decision, so I looked into civil actions. This is the 'hard' place between the rock - I was not eligible for legal aid, no law firms would do pro bona, and the 'no win no fee' companies would not entertain the idea unless the abuser had been found guilty first (what need of them if they found guilty in criminal court). However, I did find a few law firms that would take on the case if I was the accused (just don't figure).
    So dear folks, if you accept the mission, does anyone out there no of another routine whereby I can try and get some form of justice and gain some believe in humanity after over 45 years of distrust.
    Tags: None

I don't know enough to advise you regarding a civil claim against your abuser, but I think it will be an uphill struggle.
    However regarding the possibly lackadaisical police investigation have you made a complaint to the force involved?
    Helpful link? https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/sit...the_system.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X