• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR or GDPR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR or GDPR

Hi, I recently telephoned Vodafone and upgraded my 2 mobiles with them. The customer services chappie said they would match the price of another cheaper 3rd party provider I found to keep my business. However I have now received an email quoting prices more than was verbally agreed on the phone call.
    I have telephoned Vodafone to complain etc and I feel that I am talking to a brick wall and getting nowhere.
    The telephone conversations are recorded and I want a to apply for a copy of our telephone call with our verbal agreement.
    How do I go about this, is it SAR or GDPR?
    Any other advise on obtaining a copy of the call would be appreciated
    Tags: None

SAR and GDPR are the same thing, and yes you'd use that to obtain a copy of the call. Ask for the screennotes from the call too. Subject Access Request Letter

or you can ask Vodafone online

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/privacy/your-privacy-rights

Give them time and day of the call and specifically ask for the recording and any note/actions relating to the call.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it couldn't have been more helpful .
      I've sent the SAR off and as soon as I get a reply I will let you know how I went on!

Comment

The SAR I sent off was a SAR form on Vodafones online website. It didn't give me any record to verify it was sent.
        Anyhow I phoned Voda yesterday and got through to the complaints dept and as usual told them the story behind the complaint, and also that I wanted to verify they had received the SAR form. I was put on hold for the mandatory 10mins when he spoke to his manager(he probably went to make a brew!)
        He then told me he looked into it with his manager, apologised and actually dropped the pricelower than was originally verbally agreed, and gave me a months credit on both phones. I've checked my online billing and he has actually done it....so result!
        Thanks for your help!

Comment

Result. They obviously knew they were in the wrong.

With Vodafone try and make sure everything is in writing - particularly if you have any problems further along in the contract. We see no end of cases where the call centre says it's all cancelled and fine and nothing to pay ending up at court a couple years later for bonkers termination fees. So everything in writing.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X