• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I would like to sue Lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to sue Lloyds

I have been having the worst nightmare of my life. I was on holiday in Lisbon, Portugal. After 4 days I have lost my Lloydsbank card. It was on Friday. So I called them to cancel it. Next monday I talked to the customer assistan (most of them they just don't care about anything) they just told me that I couldn't get a replacement card since I had my address in London. after one week a lady told me I could send a letter to my bank branch and explain what happened plus 2 signatures and a copy of my ID. This is what I did, I waited one more week. I called them. But they declined my request...I still don't know why..I was, and i still got no money on myself, so I asked for Emergency cash. They sent me this money. I told them that I was still in need of my new card. I asked them if they can send me over to London, my roomate was there. But they told me I should send back to them a code i was receiving from my telephone, I told them I have been robbed here so I don't have that number anymore. This lady said, so It your problem and hang up!! a few days later, I tried to talk to them. A lady told me that I should change my address. I downloaded the form from Lloyds and I sent it...well...I have been waiting for more than a month,,,I don't know if this is normal or not..i am so desperate and angry...with my money I cannot do anything!! I want to sue them...but I don't know why..I NEED HELP
    Tags: None

Firstly you need to make a formal complaint in writing to Lloyds, detailing all that has happened with timeline - and tell them that you expect a full response / satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks or you will take it to the financial ombudsman.

Im not sure why they wouldn't send your replacement card to your home address ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Firstly you need to make a formal complaint in writing to Lloyds, detailing all that has happened with timeline - and tell them that you expect a full response / satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks or you will take it to the financial ombudsman.

Im not sure why they wouldn't send your replacement card to your home address ?
      I don't know either. they told me they were sending me a code which I was supposed to send them back. Even If I told them and wrote them that I have been robbed and I don't have that number anymore! the thing is everythime you talk to the customer assistant everyone just says the opposite of the one before. It is a real nightmare, So, I gotta wait till friday. If it doesn't arrive i really don't know what to do. I don't have money and i have to pay back the hostel I am staying at

Comment

sorry but i cannot wait 8 weeks!!

Comment

Presumably you don't have any internet banking either to transfer money to another account that you can access?

How did you get the emergency cash ? ( sorry not sure how that works )

Suing the bank would take far longer than 8 weeks.

So, I gotta wait till friday.
          What happens Friday ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If you can't wait 8 weeks, then maybe you should think twice and suing Lloyds because getting in front of a judge for claims these days are usually no less than 6 months. Legal proceedings should always be a last resort, not the first.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I know but my concern is now how will I ever get hold of my replacement card?? what if They just keep on playing with me?? It has been over a month!! I cannot buy the ticket to go back to England, I cannot eat properly. About the emergency cash first they had told me that since I had once I am not supposed to ask for one more. Yesterday they told me since I am living abroad now (it's their fault, they made me change address otherwise they would never send me the card) I am not entitled to have emergency cash!!! last but not least no one has ever told me when they sent me the card, the right day, Just keep on saying 10 working days...but as I said before it is over a month...I suffer from severe depression and this was supposed to be a relaxing trip but...

Comment

I mean. I just met an american girl at the hostel the other day. It happened the same thing to her. After 5 days the bank from America sent her a replacement card to an address she gave...why is it so terrible in England???

Comment

i don't have internet banking. but even if i had it would take at least 3 days to transfer money from Lloyds to another bank account which is not Lloyds. Yesterday they told me that on friday it will be the end of these 10 working days. but the thing is no one has ever told me when they sent it..so it could be next year,,,,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X