• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non receipt of insurance documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non receipt of insurance documents

I purchased some headphones for my daughter in February from Shop Direct Home Shopping Ltd, trading as Very. They cost £200. At the time of purchasing I was offered insurance which I decided to take out at £40. Since February I have been trying to get hold of some insurance documents as I have no idea who I am insured with and no idea how to claim. I have had an ongoing complaint that has been running since March. Very have said that they have tried to issue the documents but a system fault is resulting in them not being sent. As I was getting nowhere with them, I contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who have been dealing with the case for several months. During the process I have received a £100 compensation, however, still no insurance details.
    FOS contacted me today to say that Shop Direct have informed FOS, that it was inappropriate for FOS to get involved as Shop Direct ceased to be regulated by FOS in 2016. They have therefore advised there is nothing more they can do to help.
    Can someone please advise if there is anything else I can do in regards to this. I'm not bothered about compensation, I just want the insurance documents so there is no delay should I need to make a claim. I've no idea what else I can do. There is really no point contacting Very as I have done this numerous times over the past few months and get nowhere
    Tags: None

FOS contacted me today to say that Shop Direct have informed FOS, that it was inappropriate for FOS to get involved as Shop Direct ceased to be regulated by FOS in 2016.

Well that's weird to start with, have FOS said that in writing or was it a call ? ( Will look into it - might be the separation of the 'shopping' and the 'credit' but insurance sales ( Shop Direct would be the Broker ) is def regulated by the FCA so should be subject to FOS )
    So Shop Direct Finance ARE under FOS...so must be Shop Direct Home Shopping that isn't ( though that's being insanely picky as THEY sold the insurance )
    6 monthly FOS complaint figures
    Shop Direct Finance Company Limited No Group 1561 679 0 3 879 0 0
    Credit provided, subject to credit and account status, by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. Registered office: Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, L30 1SL. Registered number: 4660974. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. .

So the insurance - is it the Replacement Guarantee ?
    https://www.very.co.uk/replacement-guarantee.page

Please read the Insurance Product Information Document and the Terms & Conditions. Replacement Guarantee excludes some situations including not following the manufacturer's instructions and wilful neglect. Further Relevant Information
    IMPORTANT: Complete pre-contractual and contractual information is provided in other relevant documents. Please refer to the full terms and conditions for further details.
    https://www.very.co.uk/assets/static...ranteeIPID.pdf
    Company: London General Insurance Company Limited Product: Replacement Guarantee London General Insurance Company Limited, registered number 1865673, incorporated in England and Wales (TWENTY Kingston Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey TW18 4LG), authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register Number 202689.
    Soooooooo, you could enquire direct with London General ?

Does the order confirmation email have details of the insurance stuff on - or does it show in your online account at all ?

You could SAR Very to find out what's actually gone on with this - Subject Access Request Letter

Littlewoods (different part of shopdirect) says the insurance is actually SDFC and underwritten by Aviva
    Shopping Insurance offered by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. Authorised and

regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Underwritten by Aviva Insurance
    Then Very have a page about discontinued insurances (also Aviva) that I don't think is relevant as yours was a recent purchase. https://www.very.co.uk/web/en/make-a-claim.page
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X