• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disability adaptions scandal and sexual assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability adaptions scandal and sexual assault

Hi everyone
    I’m a bit nervous about posting haven’t done it before
    in brief I have health issues etc looking to be pointed where best to post for some help
    my question is regarding compensation to an awful experience with a housing association that involved disability grant work that was extremely poor, specification of the adaptions needed ignored by ha contractors and sexual harassment and sexual assault happened by the ha contractors and ha ignored al complaints of the sexual harassment/ assault thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi Flawed, and Welcome xxx Please don't be nervous - no one is going to judge you on here xxxxx

Firstly I have to ask, have you reported the assault to the Police ? I understand that may be difficult but it is important to do so.

Also, did your grant carry conditions and specifications of what needed to be done in your property ?
    Have you discussed the issues with your Occupational Therapist ?

If the HA is ignoring you with regards both the work not being to spec and the contractors behaviour towards you, you should make a formal written complaint to the HA and the Council & Housing Executive ( assuming it was a Disabled Facilities Grant you were awarded ?)

Kati might have some links to people who can assist.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for reply umm this is very difficult to discuss but i need the help so here goes
      during the works for grant 1 it was only sexual Harassment and a lack of respect for my home ie connecting to my WiFi hub trying to massage my shoulders etc rude comments I contacted the ha at this point the lady in charge of the adaptions said I was reading too much into it and I was confusing someone being over friendly
      i was given plans for the work and they no where near match the layout or equipment that we ended up with my report of the behaviour was not recorded or taken seriously she said the ha had known the contractors for over 10 years we also did a customer satisaction survey over the phone where again I reported my concerns this report has disappeared

Comment

A few weeks later in the evening I was told the same contractors were coming in the morning to carry out adaption grant 2 I wasn’t happy, during these works the contractor behaviour was vile heated arguments between the contractors, rude comments, pulling my top down, crude comments to my sons gf about leaving her underwear on the floor which she didn’t, they left a dead rat in a rubble sack next to my bed overnight, my daughter had major surgery An I took the opportunity to have a sleep as I hadn’t slept properly for days whilst I slept the contractor came in my bedroom an I awoke to his hands under my duvet in my pj bottoms, amongst other things, I again reported it to the ha and the same lady was almost angry with me for speaking up so I contacted the ot an told her an she contacted the ha via email, the ha called me extremely angry at what I had told the ot I cannot begin to say how I felt how unbelieved how stupid and causing a fuss over nothing, the police are aware of the situation but after what has happened I’m currently not well enough to currently deal with it , the ha I made a formal complaint to that got lost, then did another an this time investigated but would not tell me the results of investigation under data protection, so I took it to the ombudsman who has found all my claims to be true and also discovered many other dishonest things the ha have done ie false customer satisfaction reports appaz written by me saying how happy I am etc with the work
        so now the ha want me to give them a compensation amount an I don’t no how do I put a price on this I have suffered a mental health break down take daily medication, being looked after by the primary mental health team and I think they want to give a xmas hamper an maybe a little bit of money I don’t no what to do or what I’m spose to ask for any help is appreciated I forgot to say the man who sexually assaulted me resigned immediately during his interview with the ha sorry this is so long

Comment

Sorry I forgot to add the ot is employed the ha I have tried numerous times to contact her but she hasn’t answered any of my messages, there all also so many other things that have happened with the ha trying to get some accountability my daughters adaptions are not fit for purpose this whole situation has broken me an still the ha are being difficult about minimal compensation I just don’t no what to do x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X