• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I'm new and looking for some help
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome,
    You'll need to post a few details then someone should be along to give some pointers if we can.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Hi, so today i have received a letter from a solicitors threatening me with legal action if i dont pay. 12 years ago i got finance for a sofa, i lost my job shortly after which resulted in missing payments and eventually getting a ccj for the debt in 2008, this ccj is now spent and removed from my credit file. I have been in touch with this solicitors asking for the declaration form i signed many years ago which they can not supply me with. Am i right in saying that they can not reopen this debt after all these years or are they juat trying to scare us to make us pay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Comment

What is the 'Declaration' form that you are trying to get hold of ?

The CCJ does still exist even though it is over 6 years old, however it is removed from the register and your credit file. If the claimant hasn't attempted any enforcement since obtaining the judgment and there's been a 6 year gap then they will have to apply to the court for permission to enforce the judgment now, with a good explanation as to why they haven't enforced before now.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry not the declaration the agreement for finance which was signed by myself, they can't provide me with this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X