• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal

Please can anyone help on how I proceed
    My Father had a catalogue many years ago could be roughly 2008/09 unsure, anyway the 2 last payments were missed and handed over to the national debt recovery which it was all brought up to date, paid and settled as soon as he received the letter from them think it was for £48. They sent a receipt out saying that everything was settled. Now over the last year bw legal have been in touch acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 (on behalf of shop direct finance) saying that my father owes them £700. We do not have the receipt from the national debt recovery anymore with it been so long ago. I have also checked my fathers credit score and in 2014 lowell obtained a ccj he has not had any paperwork regarding this or heard anything for years till when we received the letters from bw legal. My father is in very poor health and has been since a heart operation in 2011 and I am trying to sort this for him any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Hiya xx

Would it maybe have been Nationwide Debt Recovery ?

Do you recall when abouts the account was settled with them ? pre 2011 you think ?

So there's a CCJ on your Dad's file now - anything else regarding this debt?

Any other catalogue debts showing on there ( Shop Direct have lots so it could be a different one to the one he thinks was settled )

So you're going to need to apply to set aside the judgment. There is some info here to start with -Set Aside Application

When did he last move house? ( could the judgment have been obtained at a previous address - maybe one he'd been at when he opened the account ? )

Are BW legal threatening enforcement action on the judgment now?

I'd send a Subject Access Request to Shop Direct and Nationwide Debt Recovery just to see what they turn up about the settlement payment - > Subject Access Request Letter
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for your reply
      Yes it could of been nationwide debt recovery I remember the receipt had NDR in the top right hand corner. Yes I think it was middle 2010 when it was settled and as far as we were aware it was all dealt with and over and done with.
      No he has only ever had this catalogue. He has lived at his present address since 2002 thats why we can't understand not receiving any communication from them. My father was/is regularly in and out of hospital since his op in 2011 but there was someone always there me my mam to check post ect. He is unable to deal with this because of his health which I have informed bw legal of. And they put the account on hold but has now been taken off and the he doesnt need the added stress of this. the last letter we got last week had a income expenditure form in but have not yet replied to it as i dont know how to proceed with the obtaining the ccj

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X