• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pip

I have been diagnosed with type 2 auto-immune pancreatitis.
    I've had this since January this year and probably before then, just not aware of it.
    Since then I have been on a high dosage of steroids which are reduced weekly and are supposed
    to keep this type of disease at bay.
    Unfortunately I have admitted to hospital three times since then with jaundice, pain and a regression
    in the pancreatic auto-immune disease.
    They also discovered after an MRI scan, CT scan and an ultra sound, that I also have
    retroperitoneal fibrosis (Ormond's Disease), a blocked kidney thanks to the former, and stones in
    the gall bladder.
    They put a stent into my kidney to keep it open last April. Since then I bleed urinating several times a day,
    suffer excruciating pain during this, also when walking, sitting for long periods, or for NO reason at all.
    This has not been a very good year.
    I had an application for PIP turned down. I scored 6 points, despite the fact that I told them that due to
    pain, discomfort, depression etc, I have spent most of this year in bed.
    I told them when I first applied for this that my condition was Not on to improve. And that the stent was
    going to be Replaced, as this is a long term condition. I also told them that the auto-immune condition would not
    be going away either, though I didnt expect to be in hospital again for it.
    I moved for an appeal, and was told that the appeal would only take into consideration the reasons I was turned
    down for in June, and NOT the progressive behaviour of my condition which had gotten worse since then.
    AS of now,
    I have to have a bone density scan, due to the amount of steroids Ihave taken.
    Another CT scan to ascertain how the pancreas has behaved since my steroids were upped again (3times) .
    A pre assessment followed by a removal and then a replacement of the kidney stent. looking forward to that a
    lot!!!!
    They have put an operation on the gall bladder on the back burner as they think this may also be auto-immune,
    and until further investigation, dont want to poke about with it???
    I am applying for PIP again, as this isnt going to go away, and my life has changed much for the worse since January.
    Has anyone got any similar conditions, and is there any advice they can offer regarding a claim on this basis ?
    Can I claim backpayment from a previous assessment, if successful this time, as the diagnosis and circumstances
    are the same?
    Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X