• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Driving Fine Lancashire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Fine Lancashire

Good evening Again ,

Please can anyone advise on the below on how to appeal to the amount of a fine , I have been caught speeding at 68 mph in a 40 by a manned speed camera. I am finding it very difficult to see the speed and the distance from a very dangerous roundabout I was approaching. However the letter came to me and I admitted the offence after seeing the calibration certificate and duly signed and filled in the statement of income, also pleaded for a Speed awareness course on my initial letter admitting the offence.

I submitted my plea of guilty by post with notes about the speed and accuracy of the camera, also attached my earnings and expenditure sheet, I have been advised by the courts as my financial situation does not allow me to have much spare money per month. I have been fined £811.00 in total and given 6 points on an SP30 ? It wasn't a 30 mph but in a 40 mph zone. However the fine is heavy and been told to pay before the end of this month as feels like I the courts have not looked at my money available to me per month.

What would be the best way to approach this as the date to pay is the 24th October , I do not have this kind of money available and advised on the notes about the money available per month I have free.

Any help on this one would be extremely grateful please as I feel im slipping back into the a tunnel I managed to get myself free from.

Thanks
    LGM
    Tags: None

Apologies I was not logged into my account this is me
    Thanks
    LGM

Comment

68 mph in a 40 (or 30) limit is a band c fine which is 125-175% of weekly income.

If you want to appeal the sentence: https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-sentence-conviction

If you want more time to pay you should contact the court where you received the fine and ask if you can pay:
      • in instalments (or in smaller amounts if you’re already paying in instalments)
      • over a longer period
      • at a later date

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X