• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI brought back old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI brought back old debt

I recently entered in to claiming PPI like so many others, only to wish I'd never bothered.
    It has bought back old debt that was owed over 10 years ago and now my ex-husband is being threatened with bailiffs as he still lives at our previous address. I feel awful as the debt is both names but he didn't know we had it back then but certainly does now.
    Marlon Europe or something has sent him a letter stating he has 7 days to pay or they will send the bailiffs. What can I do to stop them?
    thank you
    Tags: None

That sounds like they have obtained a Judgment against you/your ex husband. If you can do a copy of the letter Marlin have sent - or see if it refers to a claim number or judgment ? and a date of the judgment ? DOes it actually say a warrant of control has been issued and bailiffs instructed or is it a vague threat that non-payment of the debt might lead to baliffs ?
    Have you noticed any CCJ on your credit file ? Is there a CCJ on your ex-husbands credit file ? It depends when the judgment was obtained, if it was over 6 years ago it may well have come off the register already and if it is over 6 years old, and this is the first enforcement they have tried, then they should have to apply to court first.
    Did the PPI claim succeed ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X