• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with PPI claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with PPI claims company

Hi I am new to the forum and I need some advice. I made a inquiry just to see if I was owed PPI next thing I get a phone call from them saying the bank are offering me a refund and they stated their fee. i did not authorise them to go ahead at all. They sent me forms to authorise but I never signed them. Now they are threatening me with legal action if I dont pay them 36% of my refund. I asked them for proof that I had authorised them and the signature looks like mine but I never signed any of their forms. I am convinced they have forged my signature on the authorisation forms. What should I do? Thanks in Advance
    Tags: None

Hiya

Who is the company?

Also, did you get a refund (or direct notification of one) from the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Hiya

Who is the company?

Also, did you get a refund (or direct notification of one) from the bank?
      Yes I got a letter from the bank and I did get PPI refund. The company is Uclaim4me. They are now saying I owe them the fees. If I had authorised them I would not have a problem but they went ahead and somehow got my signature on the forms

Comment

Did you sign anything when you made your initial enquiry ?

Upon receipt of your signed agreement we will investigate this and any other claims we feel

relevant during the course of our investigation we will contact you for permission to look into.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Did you sign anything when you made your initial enquiry ?

No I made an online inquiry, Then they sent me consent forms to sign, but I did not sign them I have still got the unsigned forms. But they still went ahead. They tried to get me to do a digital signature when I questioned the fee but I refused and then they sent me emails saying if I did not sign they would not proceed with my claim I still did not sign. But by this time the claim had already gone through. I asked the bank to send me the consent form and it had my signature but I never signed anything. When I spoke to one of their agents she said because I had completed a survey I had agreed for them to act on my behalf. I asked her to send me proof she said it was on myOffers website. I only completed one of those forms which is supposed to look into whether you are owed PPI or not but I never signed any physical form

Comment

To make a claim with your bank they must have provided the bank with a third party authorisation form. I'd send both your bank and Uclaim4me Subject Access Requests http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/

You may have a complaint against your bank for communicating with a third party without your permission.

This survey thing through MyOffers - was any digital signature involved in that ? Do you have any access to what you completed through that site ? Emails etc ?

Any idea where UClaim got your signature from to copy over to the form the bank sent you ? or is it the bank that have added the signature ( can't imagine that would be the case tbh ) but a SAR should get copies of all those documents and you can compare the signatures and find out what permissions you actually gave.

Did the letter from the bank state following a complaint via Uclaim4me ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

To make a claim with your bank they must have provided the bank with a third party authorisation form. I'd send both your bank and Uclaim4me Subject Access Requests http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/

You may have a complaint against your bank for communicating with a third party without your permission.

This survey thing through MyOffers - was any digital signature involved in that ? Do you have any access to what you completed through that site ? Emails etc ?

Any idea where UClaim got your signature from to copy over to the form the bank sent you ? or is it the bank that have added the signature ( can't imagine that would be the case tbh ) but a SAR should get copies of all those documents and you can compare the signatures and find out what permissions you actually gave.

Did the letter from the bank state following a complaint via Uclaim4me ?
              The bank sent me a form with the same dodgy signature I have no idea where they got is from and no there were no digital signatures on MyOffers. IF i had consented to anything on my offers it would have been a tick box not an actual signature. The bank only sent the form after I had complained

Comment

I'd get SARS off to both ( bank and UClaim ) and go from there. Was your complaint to the bank that they acted on a third party's say so without your authority ?

I think I'd be wondering where on earth UClaim got the signature from - is it anything like your usual signature?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is the email they sent me after I questioned the fee and the fact that I did not consent to them representing me
                  __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
                  Dear L

We sent you a link to your documentation on 31/07/2018 14:41:22 and we note that we are awaiting your signature.

Please follow the link below to complete your sign up. We will then be able to take steps to progress your claim.

https://uclaim4me.omnisign.co.uk/

Please return your paper version as well.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us on 0203 763 2699

Thank you for selecting U Claim 4 Me.

Regards,

U Claim 4 Me

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

I never visited the link nor did I return the paper copy but htey still went ahead. If they already had my signature why were they pressuring me to sign. I had 6 subsequent emails asking me for my signature which I never gave and then when I asked for proof they had a signature on my documents. Also the signature on the documents ios exactly the same on 10 documents no one can sign exactly the same on more than one occasion that is why I am convinced they got my signature from somewhere. They wont send me the original just copies

Comment

Bizarre. If they already 'represented' you and have signed documents why send you a further link to sign the documents.... exactly !

When you completed the inquiry form - was that through MyOffers or on the Uclaim site?

Had you written any letters to them at all after that - eg when you complained - was that in writing and could they have copied the signature from a letter then ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...ge=2#topofpage seem to be some similar issues, and MyOffers come into it too. Have you ever signed up with any other CMC at all ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Bizarre. If they already 'represented' you and have signed documents why send you a further link to sign the documents.... exactly !

When you completed the inquiry form - was that through MyOffers or on the Uclaim site?

Had you written any letters to them at all after that - eg when you complained - was that in writing and could they have copied the signature from a letter then ?
                        No I completed online it wasn't even with MyOffers it was one of those adverts that pop up when you are on face book saying you may be owed PPI find out and I completed online, In fact another company also sent me forms to complete which I didn't either. I have not written to them just sent emails

Comment

Any copies of credit agreements or anything like that you've sent to them? ( eg to show you had an account with PPI on ? )

Otherwise think I'm at a loss as to how they obtained your signature to copy.

I'd certainly go back to them and dispute that you signed any documents, nor gave them any authorisation to bring the claim against your bank - and I'd make a complaint to the bank regarding them accepting third party authorisation without your signature. Definitely send the SARs to both.

Once you've got the response on your complaint you should take it to the Legal Ombudsman, but I think you need the SAR information firstly. It's very difficult to prove you haven't signed anything. If you could find where they obtained your signature from and show it was an exact copy it would be easier - if you push it with the ombudsman, maybe examples of your signature on other documents showing that it would be impossible to make it identical in each instance .... maybe then they could force Uclaim to provide the actual original documents with the ink signature on.

Is there any tell that it's a copy of a signature ? a dot or squiggle or slight different shade background etc ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will proceed with getting the original and will get onto the bank. Will post nay progress in case someone else is having same issues as I am. Thank you so much for your help. My signature has changed and the one used is the old one I used to use

Comment

Ok keep us posted.

It will be interesting to see the complaint that the bank acted upon that led to the refund.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X