• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors withholding fund from one executor and paid out full amount to the other

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors withholding fund from one executor and paid out full amount to the other

Hi am a joint executor of the estate of my later father. We are using a probate solicitor and a few months ago they paid my brother the entire sum due to him from the estate. Even though they had nothing in writing from me as an executor. I have since been written to by the solicitor saying they would pay me the entire amount due to me by the estate, they then paid me the same amount as my brother which because there is a transfer/sale of a business interest is less than the full amount, they are now holding back the value of the business (which I understand) and another £85,0000 which is what I am due from the estate and they are now saying this is because both executors aren't in agreement. The solicitor asked me to sign a letter of intent to say that it was my intention to sell the business to my brother and resign as a company director. The solicitor said the letter wasn't worth the paper it was written on! and to placate my brother I should sign it. I find out to today that they have resigned me as a director and that the shares are being passed in full to my brother. He still isnt in agreement to the funds being released to me, at what point does the solicitor have to release funds as my worry is that my brother has had the entire amount due so he could just keep saying he is not in agreement and the funds stay with the solicitor. Any advice would be gladly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X