• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2nd hand car dealer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hand car dealer problem

Wondering if someone can help. I bought a car from a 2nd hand car dealer through finance with Blue Motor Finance with the broker being Car Finance 247 at the end of April. I collected the car from the dealers on 27 April 18 and the dealer told me that they had just fitted a new wheel speed sensor to the NSR but the lights on the dash were still on ie: ABS/ESP, Hill Hold and Stop/Start not working either. They told me the lights would go off after about 50 miles or so and if they didn't I was to ring them back. After a couple of days the lights were still on so I rang the dealers and they told me they would collect the car the following week to repair which they did. After a week of having no car they eventually delivered it back to me saying it was a NSF wheel speed sensor that needed replaced, the lights on the dash were out and Hill Hold and Stop/Start were working. The same lights have now came on again, they appeared on 11 June 18 so I contacted the dealer through E Mail but never heard a reply, so I contacted Car Finance 247 to make them aware of what was happening. They said they were going to contact the dealers and said I could either have the problem fixed or hand the car back, I decided to opt for the latter option as I don't trust this car anymore, or the dealer. I phoned Car Finance 247 again today and they told me the Car Dealer was in dispute with them as he said it might not be the same 'sensor' as the last time it was repaired and he wanted the car back to have a diagnostic test on it. I refused and said I would have an independent diagnostic done as I didn't trust the dealer. I've had the diagnostic test today and it read that it was the OSR wheel speed sensor this time. My question is even though this is a different wheel speed sensor this time am I still entitled to hand the vehicle back under The Consumer Credit Act, or does the dealer have a point in saying that this is a different sensor this time? I really don't want to be forking out money all the time for sensor problems, Thank you
    Tags: None

Duplicate of http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...nd-car-problem
    Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X