• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repossession order and high interest rate on secured loan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossession order and high interest rate on secured loan.

Hi everyone
    I would need help and support with regard to my ongoing situation about my house.

First and foremost.i bought my house in 2004 and my mortgage was with Halifax.

In 2007,I needed to do alot of refurbishment in the house hence took a loan of 30,000 from southern pacific personal loans ltd now known as eurosail-uk2007-inc plc/Acenden.

In 2010,i lost my job with NHS and was on benefit for about a year.I then got a job with an agency working as an HGV Driver.I wasnt earning as much as i use to when i was working with NHS.I was managing to pay mortgage wth help from my wife/family but couldnt afford to pay my secured loan.I did informed my secured loan company about my situation and they sent a field agent to see me.This was all explained to them.

I get series of threat letters from the secured loan company.In April 2018,i received a letter from the court for repossession order from my secured loan company.I contacted the debtline charity and they help with my budget planning,whereby was informed after my outgoing from our both income,i could still afford £200.I was told to make a proposal of £200 to my creditors and to the judge.I did present my proposal to the judge of whichwas declinede said according to my creditors,the terms of my loan taken ten years ago had expired in November 2017 hence too late to make a proposal at this stage.

The judge ordered a 28day repossession order which was now due on the 7th june 2018.I have applied for an extention filling in form N244.I had o put the house in the market for sale.The value of the house at the current rate is £250.00 and has been in the markt for a month now with few viewers not bidding for it.

So with the advice of the mortgage salesman,decided to slice the price to £225.00.Now my major issue is the amount of money the loan company are requesting for.The end balance owing from there statement is£52,000 but arerequesting for£98,000 which is extremely unreasonable and ridiculous.I have contacted several charity organisation who lamented what the company is asking for is well over the top.They have included ridiculous interest rates over ten years of the loan.I need help and advice from anyone who could direct me to the right avenue to stop this company taking a large share from the proceed of my house

.I have 67,000 left to pay of my Halifax mortgage and to pay 98,000 to the secured loan.I cant afford any deposit for another house or either to rent a place.Please,Please,Please,I need help and advice whom to consult to combat this ridiculous interest charges on the loan.I hope to hear from you guy as i need a quick response to this impeding problem.

Thanks
    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th June 2018, 08:40:AM. Reason: just putting some paragraphs in
    Tags: None

Please edit you post so that it is in paragraphs, blocks of text like that discourage reading and hence help

Comment

Do you have your original loan agreement and terms ?
      What was the interest rate in the original agreement ?

The loan was a 10 year loan secured against your house - for £30,000.
      You ceased payments after 3 years due to Job loss, so there's 7 years of it just accruing interest before it terminated at the end of the 10 years, and they have got a repossession order from the court.
      Have they given you (or the court) a full breakdown of their calculations?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X