• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tarnished credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarnished credit file

Hi everyone, I would appreciate if I got some advice on this issue. I had an account with an overdraft of £300. It then went into unplanned overdraft by about £100 with charges. The bank called and because I had financial issues I could not pay, however I spoke with them to make monthly payment and they declined because I was behind in priority bill and then went ahead and registered my name default on my credit file,
    I took this case up with the relevant body and my complaint was provisionally upheld on the basis that I was never told before my details was passed on to a third party(collectors). Unfortunately it got overturned in favour of the bank based on, I quote “ The bank has come back to say its lending to xxxxx was in the form of an overdraft which was repayable on demand. So it didn’t need to issue a formal default notice

All I am fighting for is that they remove this default from my name as I never defaulted because there was never an organised arrangement in the first place and also they never gave me an opportunity ( which they promised to) to tell me before defaulting my name I’m order for me to have borrowed if necessary to repay than to have credit file tarnished. Is there any advice to combat the above statement. I have been given a few days to reply

PS: I tried to shorten it, so people don’t get bored and uninterested reading it
    Tags: None

if defult is a factual account of the situation regardless they will report as required to the CRAs

Comment

I never defaulted, there was no monthly payment in place. In fact when we spoke about it, they declined and said priority bills was not up to date.

Comment

try this, you fell behind payments??? i.e. defaulted on agreement?

Comment

Defaulted in this case I believe is because following the unplanned O/D the bank called and at that time requested the account be brought back within agreed limits. TINNY was not in a position to do this, but offered a repayment schedule which was declined. As the O/D was payable on demand the account is in default.
          TINNY never fell behind with payments, as there was no agreement to pay by instalments, but the account was still in default.

In any event, sorry but I don't see the bank removing the default marker

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X