• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MOT court summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT court summons

My husband was stopped on M3 and has been summoned to court for no MOT ( 5 days overdue ) My husband has had 2 strokes and is waiting hospital appointment for a brain scan due to forgetfulness and potential 1st stage of Alzheimer disease. This being the reason he genuinely forgot about the MOT. Is it worth asking the Dr to confirm his situation and mention he is waiting for the brain scan, writing a letter of confirmation to the court? My husband is so upset by all of this and is worried sick that he will receive a huge fine in the process for something he genuinely didn't do on purpose.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome
    Sorry to hear of your husband's condition
    Unusual to get a summons to court without first being issued with a fixed penalty notice for £100.

Making that declaration to the court might not be such a good idea as having severe memory problems is a condition that has to be declared to DVLA.
    Similarly regarding strokes where effects last longer than a month
    I appreciate you might not consider his condition severe, but others might disagree.
    Apologies if DVLA were informed and allowed your husband to keep his licence.
    In that case you most certainly could inform the court

IMO best to plead guilty by letter, and assuming vehicle now has MOT, tell court it was inadvertently overlooked and here's copy of new MOT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X