• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judges nsurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges nsurance

I intend to indemnify a particular judge, the refused to disclose who his insurers are, the fact I have been damaged by his bias conduct and as such I seek assistance in securing details of companies that insure judges, any idea's anyone ?
    Tags: None

They are under no obligation to disclose even the existence of any sort of insurance policy unless it is a statutory requirement to hold such a policy.
    If he has one there will probably be a condition in it which forbids disclosure to third parties of its very existence
    In any case you could not claim against it, only the judge could.
    You need to make a claim against the judge, through the courts if necessary, and he will then advise his insurers.

Comment

Thank you Des, i appreciate your return, would you know the name or the number of the appropriate form to make the claim, or would you suggest that I use the N1 claim form and issue proceedings against him, whereby he would then consult with his insurers !
      Reporting a judge through the internal court process yields zero results, it is amazing the covering up dynamics the go into motion when you complain about a judge you would honestly believe you were dealing with a bunch of illiterates.

Comment

I think a lot more info about your dispute would be useful and I'll tag Peridot as i think she will be of more use to you

Comment

Hi Lord,
          As Des8 says above a lot more information would be needed to try and point you in the right direction here. I suspect you may also need some legal advice to establish the basis of any claim you believe you may have. But if you can provide a bit more information we may be able to point you in the right direction.
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Here is the complaint's procedure for Judges, if you have a legitimate complaint. Please note there is a 3 month time limit for making a complaint. https://www.gov.uk/complain-judge-ma...ibunal-coroner
            As mentioned in my previous post I suspect you may need formal advice on this.
            I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              I think a lot more info about your dispute would be useful and I'll tag Peridot as i think she will be of more use to you
              Many thanks Peridot, I have just seen your response, my intention is to make a claim against a particular judge for an abuse of process, breach of the judicial codes of conduct and malfeasance in public office, all judges to the best of my knowledge must be insured in order to do business in court, hence my requiring j company details of judges insurance.

Comment

If a defendant fails to acknowledge form within the specified 28 day CPR rule and then serves the court with an acknowledgement of service 10 days later, further the defendant has submitted a PRA Form for a private room hearing before a master with a view to sticking out the claim, has the defendant not served out of time, and should the defendant not apply to the court for failing to respond within the 28 day rule ?

Comment

Originally posted by lord View Post

Many thanks Peridot, I have just seen your response, my intention is to make a claim against a particular judge for an abuse of process, breach of the judicial codes of conduct and malfeasance in public office, all judges to the best of my knowledge must be insured in order to do business in court, hence my requiring j company details of judges insurance.
                  Can I ask what makes you think judges have to be insured to do business in court? They are employed by the Ministry of Justice and so if anyone has to have insurance cover it will be the MOJ. Misfeasance in a public office is a bit of a novel claim and rarely seen in the courts, and if memory serves me correct then you cannot bring a claim against the judge personally, it would have to be the MOJ / Lord Chancellor. Claims relating to judges actions are very rare and I'd be very surprised if what you are pursuing got very far (I suspect the MOJ might apply for strike out or summary judgment).

I assume you fully understand the elements of each of those causes of action you intend on bringing? Breach of judicial codes of conduct sounds more like a complaint to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office rather than an actionable civil tort, but I could be wrong. But if what you are complaining about relates to a judges' decision, then the correct route is appeal.

As for obtaining any kind of insurance, you would need to make an application for disclosure but I suspect that might fall flat too since there's a recent abundance of case law particularly for negligence and latent claims, where the courts have refused to make an order to disclose insurance policy details. The courts are reluctant to grant such disclosure pre-proceedings or post-proceedings and have on several occasions suggested that the contents of the policy details are confidential to the parties and the rules of privity apply.

Best of luck
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,
                    Many thanks for your insight it is truly appreciated, I have exhausted all routes you have suggested with exception of the lord chancellor, I didn't choose that route at the time because we had an unfit for purpose lord chancellor namely Elizabeth Truss who had no idea what time it was, the current chancellor is equally a joke, however I will pursue this avenue and see where it ends up.

My issue is most definitely a misfeasance in public office matter, I am mindful of your recommendation and will hold the lord chancellor liable for his judges.

I agree with you on the fact that the court will not divulge information of that calibre as they may deem it sensitive.

Rob, I extend my full appreciation for your taking the time to share your wisdom.

Kind regards.

Lord.
                    ​​

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X