• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pushed into buying a business advert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushed into buying a business advert

UGENT CAN ANYONE ADVISE PLEASE, I was recently contacted by Yell regarding advertising I'm self-employed it was arranged a salesman to come to my house on the 24th of April, the salesman showed me on his laptop how many people look for mediums in my area around 1,500 apparently! I told him that I'm not technical at all and was concerned about adding information and links onto the ad he said not to worry he would do it or another member of his team. I was not told about or offered a smaller ad , to say the salesman was pushy is an understatement even to the point he had my bank card in his hand and was giving my bank details over the phone to his colleague it was then that I discovered he hadn't told me about the added tax total is £162 a month for a year this is a huge sum of money for me to pay, he reassured me that I would get lot's of work from the ad and told me I was at the top of the list for the North East and that he has given me Durham completely free his colleague was supposed to be calling me the next day to add the information over the phone to my ad he didn't call but sent an email asking could he contact me the following day this wasn't convenient as I do lot of charity work. concerned that I hadn't received one single phone call about work from the ad, I googled my name it was then I discovered that I was not top of the list there are 12 people in front of me. I then rang my bank on the 10th of May to discover that Yell had set up 2 direct debits both had been set up on the 24th of April I canceled both I have the proof. on the 15th of May I sent an email to the man that was suppose to be calling me regarding adding the information on to my ad I asked him to contact me urgently he rang that day, I explained that I had been pushed into having the ad and that 2 direct debits had been set up he said there hadn't been! I also told him that I wasn't on the top of the list he told me I was! I made it very clear I did not want a large ad I also told him I had canceled both the direct debits he said he would get the salesman to contact me who had come to my house the salesman that came to my house is head of sales for my area he didn't contact me. then last week another member of Yell contacted me saying he had been asked to call me and add the information onto my ad, I told him that I didn't want the large ad and that 2 direct debits had been set up he said no only one had this is completely untrue. I also told him that I had cancelled them and I was pushed into buying the ad and that I hadn't signed anything , he replied he was concerned that I had a live ad without signing anything, I honestly do not remember signing anything and didn't sign the paperwork they sent. this salesman also went on with the hard sell and also top me I was at the top of the list! I told him had I of been given all the information I would have never taken the ad, he said he would get the original salesman to contact me the man that's head of sales in my area. it was arranged he would call me on 24th of May at 4pm he didn't call, this is worrying me so much that it is affecting my work and my sleep. nobody from Yell has contacted me
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X