• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone, I have just signed in to explore the website and hopefully get some advice .
    Kind regards
    Thomas
    Tags: None

Hello & Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Hello & Welcome
      Hello MIKE770

Thank you for your welcome message .

I have a story to tell and I would like to ask you for an advice .

Kind regards
      Thomas

Comment

explain what it is all about without over stating case O.K. sure the relevant peeps will assist but need to know what the subject etc is

Comment

Hello Dear MIKE770

I would like to ask you for an advice about the subject of Commissioned work and exposure of the picture on the Internet .

I am self employed freelance visual artist registered in HMRC and working in Southwark .

On the beginning of 2017 my college classroom colleague( I would like to keep the name of the College/organisation to myself) asked me to paint oil portrait of colleague’s face .

After a few days I asked my colleague that I need to arrange photography session out side the college building, near its entrance in order to start the commission from chosen photograph on my mobile.

After we finished the photography session I began work, which took me nearly 5 months before I could complete the final portrait .

During above period I was updating my colleague about the progress of the work .

I also drew 3 small sketches based on taken photographs with phone to give colleague the idea of the work I do and offer her an extra incentive during the awaiting time for the final work as I was struggling with technical and budgeting aspects of the commission .

Also I always record customer’s completed work and exhibit it on my websites alongside advertising business activity in my practice .

I did the same with colleague remaining 2 small pictures .

I also took a digital photograph from colleague’s Facebook profile and decided to draw a digital black and white cartoon sketch ( similar to faces of superheroes in comic stripes )( comic strip superheroes face)

I did it because I wanted to demonstrate colleague my skills and give her a small gift in a form of printed and framed cartoon sketch as thanks for her commission.
          The cartoon sketch resembles 20% of colleague’s face likeness as I drew it with intention of art object /design ,copying photograph instead .

I also decided to exhibit the sketch on my websites .

Anyway one of those websites belongs to a local organization I have a business membership with .

I asked the website's administrator to upload the cartoon sketch as it was one of the best of my work created in a new computer software graphic technique , hoping that it would increase visitors frequency on the website.
          Website administrator uploaded the upper part of the picture with visible eyes only free of charge (voluntary).

In November 2017 I was completing final work for my colleague and I showed it to her the same month at the College.

She somehow didn’t like it and issued some complaints about the design asking me to paint another portrait with fixed design elements she addressed during observation of the work .

I agreed to paint a new picture .

Somehow to my surprise she took the portrait on the spot at the College even though she didn’t like it .

During Christmas period 2017 I completed the new work and I showed it to my colleague using Whatsup mobile phone messenger .

In return To my surprise I have received message with complaints about my service ,where she expressed that she doesn’t want commissioned portrait no any more .

Somehow shortly after her complaints in the message .she issued serious direct complains during our meeting in the College about my service and demanded me to give her the final work and take all picture drawings out of my websites as well as my social media accounts.

I brought her the work to the College few days after and I removed all art work from websites immediately ,but I couldn't remove the cartoon eyes drawing out of the company's website I’ve got membership at as administrator is the only person that has access to it .

I promised colleague to contact the website administrator with request to take the eyes picture drawing down .

I met website administrator twice and I sent numerous emails to the person asking her nearly3 times to Change or remove the picture.
          Website administrator updated me that she has log in issues and she promised me to looked at the website again .

Since our last meeting website administrator promised me to meet me at the local organisation at arranged date ,anyway the person didn't turn up .

Since then I have neither heard from the website administrator nor have seen any changes on the website.

I meet college classroom colleague few weeks ago again at the college and she address her complaints again but this time She insist on me to share website administrator contact email address with her .

I did so and currently we agreed that is down to me to contact website administrator again to request the picture change and I assume that college classroom colleague has been doing the same thing .

Somehow I am still concern about her decision in case colleague will not be able to contact website administrator but keep issuing her complains towards my service and the picture on the website .

Can you please advice me if my college classroom colleague has the right to sue or charge me with any offence done against her because of the uploaded eyes picture drawing gift on the company's website without her permission?

Also ,do I have any ground to claim right to defend my position based on the fact that I did commissioned work and came forward with numerous gestures of Good Will and Good Customer service free of charge ?

Also ,how should I deal with website administrator in this subject?

I'd be thankful for your advice .

Kind regards

Thomas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X