• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset Link capital (No5) Kearns Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Link capital (No5) Kearns Solicitors

Hi All

Ok, short resume: many credit cards from when I had a well paid job, then unemployed, juggling debt with 0% balance transfers, eventually could not keep up due to Halifax taking £1 per day overdraft fees from dole, ergo court case. I was seeing debt advisors however, I was taken to court (probably because I had a mortgaged house and therefore an asset on which to claim) and LOST - had a Charging order from 1-MBNA and 2- Lloyds TSB. I live in the north and house is worth very little.

MBNA opted to use Restons solicitors and I have been paying a small monthly amount since the court case in 2008. However LTSB never asked for any payment.

I think it was 2 yrs ago that Asset Link wrote to me to claim that they now owned the debt but again never asked or chased payment. Today , I received a letter from Kearns solicitors stating that "an application was made to the High Court of Justice to change the claimant's name to ALC5 and this was granted by an Order of the Court dated 28 March 2018. " copy of the order enclosed.

I have just searched Trust online and there is NOTHING REGISTERED

Where do I stand and is this debt enforceable

Thank You
    Skint Nurse
    Tags: None

interesting, my wife has just received a similar letter with same date as yours. Dont know if this is another dirty trick by Asset link to get her to contact them or actually has some substance.

Comment

If there is a Judgment in place then it has now been assigned over to Asset - so depending on what the judgment was, how old it is, they might be considering enforcement. For now I'd file it - they'll have purchased a big pile of judgments and will work their way through working out what to do with them, so really its a prewarning to look into the original judgment and see where you might stand IF Asset do pick it up. If there is a Charging order from the original it may not necesarily do anything but they have the 'asset' of the charge amount that they could claim from any equity if you did sell in the future. Worth digging out old docs so you have anything to hand if you get any further correspondance xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X