• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish limited business closure and personal guarantee liability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish limited business closure and personal guarantee liability

Hello to all. I came across this website yesterday and have been searching for information on my liability for a personal guarantee on a, liquidated business, contract hire vehicle. All documents are with IP. To date I have two emailed pages of the contract hire document from the vehicle company, with my signature on and invoices for 13 of the 36 month payments. So my question is what steps should I take now? I attempted renegotiating the terms (no joy), uncertain who terminated the agreement (having read up on VT on this website). Find myself self second guessing every decision I make, having lost confidence from the unexpected liquidation. I have a draft email sitting on file but can not send it - in case I infer acceptance (see - no confidence!). I'm not dodging the PG but would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction. Q: Does the half/three quarter rules apply to a business personal guarantee. Q: The invoices are for the full amounts due but the rental was based on mileage for which I have not used for 13 of the 36 months (vehicle picked up by third party for the vehicle company) and under the allowed annual mileage for the 23 months used (photos taken at point of return). Q: damage to the vehicle - should I expect a bill over and above the invoices received.

Have to go now, mother in law just turned up. I would be grateful for any comments on information given.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X