• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GMAC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAC

Hi i am well over the 50% and have requested to terminate the agreement, they sent a package out the very next day . Has anyone had a good experience with this ? They are asking for a pickup fee of £87 as no local dealers to deliver to, as well as a fee for their inspector coming out to check the car. I have written a letter stating that i will not be paying this . The thing is the car is due it's mot on the 23rd of next month and a service too, does this need to be done as i have asked for termination hopefully before the mot is out . Also how long normally does the process take ?
    Tags: None

The agreement is now terminated if they have received your letter, which they have done. Unless your letter was simply an enquiry and not telling them you had ended the agreement. There should be no charges, it is up to them to arrange pickup at their expense. The general opinion is that you do not sign and return the package that they send out as they will be attempting to limit their liabilities (like collection at their expense!).

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Should I just just send the template letter I found on here and edited to suit my needs.
      From what I have read I will have to MOT and service the car first, is this correct ?
      I have stated in the letter they have 30 days to collect the car as that's how much insurance I have left on it.
      Do I need to do anything else.
      Sorry for all the questions but I've never done this before and I am terrified I get it wrong and end up
      costing myself and my husband a lot of money.

Comment

Strictly speaking once they accept the VT the car is theirs and not yours. Give them 14 days to collect, the MOT will still be in date and you will still be within your agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X