• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons

Hello I’m looking for some advice I have received a letter from Restons Solicitors acting for Debt managers for an old next account I had. They state last payment was 2014. They have asked for a financial statement. I have noted on the letter I am not entitled to a copy of the signed credit agreement. They state they will issue court proceedings if I don’t respond. I don’t work due to mental health problems and I’m registered disabled. I really don’t know what to do. I have attached the letters received if anyone may help me
    Tags: None

Hi
    is this an actual letter before claim as detailed here]
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-for-reference

Why do they say you are not entitled to a copy of the credit agreement?

There are ways to respond if it is a letter before action

Comment

Thank you for your reply I really don’t understand it. I’ve tried to attach a photo but says pic is to large. Restons state on there letter frequent questions with answers. One was am I entitled to see my signed credit agreement answer was No

im not very good at talking in the phone as I get upset so I’m trying avoid having to speak to them. I’m terrified I will have to go to court I just don’t have any money to give them

Comment

Yes it is a letter before claim sorry I missed that out

Comment

Hi again

So you do need to respond to the letter before claim

I would tick the box saying you deny the debt and ask for the agreement

I would then also send a CCA request to whoever owns the debt now

Roughly how much is the debt for?

It might be worth sending a SAR to Next to get all the details of the account which should include dates default notices were sent and the date it was assigned - these may differ from the info the potential claimant has

Comment

CCA Request
            CPR 31.14 Request

Subject Access Request Letter

Last edited by MIKE770; 28th March 2018, 07:57:AM. Reason: ADDENDUM

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X