• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE Northampton Claim against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE Northampton Claim against me

Received in the post yesterday County Court Claim.Â*Â* Claimant Lowell Portfolio Ltd.
    The debt in question is for broadband from BT PLC.
    IÂ*was in dispute with BT PLC over the tariff charges for the use of their Broadband, each month when they sent theirÂ*bill l had used more than the agreement for which l was paying for.
    This resulted in hefty additional tariffs being added to the bills.Â*Â*Â*BT finally agreed that the charges were more than if they had changed me to a higher usage tariff.Â*Â* I received a credit on the account, l then sourced a better deal and told them l no longer wanted to be tied in to BT Broadband, the hub and ancillary equipment was sent back to BT.

The dates when all of this happened is sometime ago, l cannot remember exactly when.

BT PLC did forward me a final bill, which l ignored, l have heard nothing until the claim from Lowell Portfolio Ltd.

I have viewed your forum and contacted MCOL,Â*l have acknowledgement of service.

I have written two letters, one requestingÂ*a copy of the credit agreement and secondly requesting copy of the agreement, asked when the agreement was terminated, what was the amount outstanding at termination, and also stated l received no letters of assignment.

The forms from the court are a bit misleading, they state l shouldÂ*1.either pay in full, 2. how much do l dispute of the claim, or 3. do l wish to claim against the claimant.

I am 65 years of age and find all of this somewhat daunting.

If my memory serves me well the amount that BT PLC said l owed was nothing to what Lowell are demanding.

Is it best to just give in and pay what they want.

Would appreciate any advice.

TaboyÂ*
    Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X