• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everybody

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody

Hi,
    I am a new member to the forum so hello to everybody. My problem at the moment is that I took some advertising out with Yell for a new business venture...long story short the business never took off and quickly folded. However Yell still wanted their £800+ for the advertising, which in turn was passed to a DRA.
    I have proposed a payment terms which they have refused on 2 occassions as they want the debt settled in full within 3 months. They are now threating court action and the threat of bankruptcy charge.
    But thanks to this forum I have requested a copy of CCA which they have failed to supply me with and am about to send the follow up letter giving them 30 calender days to comply....so lets see what happens now!

Re: Hello everybody

Hi and welcome to Beagles

We will try to help you as much as we can

Originally posted by cargit View Post
    .long story short
    The more info you can give us the better, as then we can see exactly whar has happened

Yell still wanted their £800+ for the advertising,
    Can you confirm the details of your contract with Yell

But thanks to this forum I have requested a copy of CCA which they have failed to supply me with and am about to send the follow up letter giving them 30 calender days to comply....so lets see what happens now!
    I cant see the relevance of a CCA request, unless you can fill in some blanks.

Did you sign a CCA when you took out the advertising?
    Was it done on an account basis?

What type of company was it? Limited, Sole trader, etc

Who is the DCA that has been in contact?
    Have you made ant contact to Yell regarding this

Sorry for all the questions, just helps if we have the big picture

PKea

Comment

Hello, welcome and good luck with this, You have certainly come to the right place.

Comment

hi,

the business was a mobile locksmith company which was in partnership with a friend.
        I did receive a cca from yell for the advertising which I signed and sent back.
        The dca is tenon recovery and now its salisbury litigation all out of the same address.

I have contacted yell who want me to put it in writing that I cant pay in full and that should be counter signed by my accountant or solicitor. Yell will then propose a payment term. Its just that we never got around to getting an accountant as we never really earned anything!!

The request for the cca was my first stage in stalling any court action

Comment

I'm not 100% on business procedures, so wait for further confirmation from others

If you have liquidated or wound your business up, do you have confirmation of this, from Companies House for example.
          If you have this then i sugest you write to Yell enclosing a copy.
          Also write to Tenon and inform them that the debt is in dispute with Yell

regarding your quote:
          The request for the cca was my first stage in stalling any court action
          Can I ask why you think this?

Did you use on e of the letters from here for your request of a copy of your agreement?

Can you also give us some idea of dates

When contract started?
          When contract cancelled?
          Were any ads placed?
          When did company get wound up?

I'm sure others will ask for other info too, but we are starting to get a picture now.

Do you have the abilty to scan any of the documents you have recieved?

PKea

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't got any scanning facility!
            I was stalling court action as I was trying to determine if Yell had sold the debt or if the debt still belonged to Yell....I do believe the debt still belongs to Yell and am writing to their head office hopefully to resolve with a payment agreement.

The advertisement would be that the companies details would be on the 1st page of any searches for locksmiths in the area that people accessed when searching yell website..however their just didn't seem to be a great demand and we never quite got going.

I did use a template from this forums library in requesting a copy of my agreement and have used another one as a follow up as they have ignored the 1st letter.

Comment

Hi Cargit

They cannot bankrupt you if the debt is under £750 including vat if this is applicable, ie £749.99.

Did you take out a credit agreement - the fact you are sending a CCA request.
              If you did can you please give us as much info as possible if you cannot scan.

My advice would be to pay £51+ as soon as possible so that the debt falls under £800 and then try and come to an arrangement where you send what you can afford each month.

I hope that this helps.

Comment

Hiya,

Yell are playing hardball with alot of debtors at the moment they have just had some major losses and are making a lot of people redundant (lots of my friends used to work there) - so be prepared for a fight!

Good Luck x
                Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X