• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

International trading and terms of business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International trading and terms of business

Good afternoon,

I have a small recruitment business and have recently signed a large company. I have another waiting in the wings for next week and I am concerned.

I'm confused about whether I'm entitled to payment if say a VP of the company has signed my terms.

The sprawling nature of the company meant I was liaising with a Senior Director who refered me to procurement who in turn sent my terms to be signed by the VP of UK.

This Senior Director has a team across EMEA and in to Russia and he is based in the UK BUT his subordinates are not.

After seven weeks of chasing procurement to ensure I was covered to resource outside the UK and be paid, procurement told me I was not.

During the conversation and email trail it was not explained that I needed to be on a Master List. All this aside.... I was close to making a placement and then there was a management structure change so nothing happened.

How do I make sure that my terms of business are adhered to and that I don't get shafted by huge companies??

(I realise the responsibility to ask questions lies with me).

Do I need to alter my Terms of Business to account for these eventualities??? My fear is that my invoice could be bureaucracied away because of internal policy.

Where do I ask for advice on this?

Is it as simple as "You have signed.... you're liable"?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: International trading and terms of business

Do you have clauses in your Terms of Business that detail:

1. payment of invoices and the terms thereof i.e. how many days to pay and if interest will be charged for non-payment after that time
    2. that by signing the document the company agrees to be bound by its terms which will include payment

If so then you are ensuring you can be as covered as possible to get an invoices you submit paid.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Re: International trading and terms of business

I would add a clause about which jurisdiction you want the contract to be covered by.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X