• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set Aside CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Aside CCJ

Hello everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

I have had a CCJ raised against me on a property I lived in 6 years ago. I did not receive the CCJ and was not aware of the judgement until it appeared on my credit file, unfortunately I did not see the CCJ until it was too late to pay and have removed.

I am hoping to set aside as:

The claim is for an debt from over 10 years ago - I am awaiting the judgement letter from Northampton Court
    The claim was sent to an old address

Do you think I have a chance? I will complete a N244 form once I understand how, but might seek legal advise
    Tags: None

Re: Set Aside CCJ

HelloMatt1234

Can you answer a few questions before being pointed in the right direction.

Who is the Judgment Creditor (i.e. the business named as the Claimant)?

Who are the solicitors (if any were instructed)?

What is the date of the CCJ?

How much is the CCJ?

Who was the original creditor if the debt has been assigned to a debt purchaser?

What was the debt such as a credit card, loan, catalogue account, phone bill, overdraft etc and when did you open the account?

When did you last pay anything towards the debt and to whom did you pay it?

When did you move from the address where the claim was issued/served - six years ago?

Di

Comment

Re: Set Aside CCJ

Can you answer a few questions before being pointed in the right direction. Thank you so much for your response!

Who is the Judgment Creditor (i.e. the business named as the Claimant)? The solicitor acting on behalf of a finance company

Who are the solicitors (if any were instructed)? Wright Hassell Solicitors

What is the date of the CCJ? Sep 2017

How much is the CCJ? £866

Who was the original creditor if the debt has been assigned to a debt purchaser? Hitachi finance

What was the debt such as a credit card, loan, catalogue account, phone bill, overdraft etc and when did you open the account? I am not entirely sure but over 10 years ago

When did you last pay anything towards the debt and to whom did you pay it? I do not have that info

When did you move from the address where the claim was issued/served - six years ago? Over 6 years ago, although my experian report states 2 as I had not updated since I still own and rent out the address. I have lived in London since 2011 and 6 months pre in Paris. My previous tenant can confirm I was not in the said address on the CCJ

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      HelloMatt1234

Can you answer a few questions before being pointed in the right direction. Thank you so much for your response!

Who is the Judgment Creditor (i.e. the business named as the Claimant)? The solicitor acting on behalf of a finance company

Who are the solicitors (if any were instructed)? Wright Hassell Solicitors

What is the date of the CCJ? Sep 2017

How much is the CCJ? £866

Who was the original creditor if the debt has been assigned to a debt purchaser? Hitachi finance

What was the debt such as a credit card, loan, catalogue account, phone bill, overdraft etc and when did you open the account? I am not entirely sure but over 10 years ago

When did you last pay anything towards the debt and to whom did you pay it? I do not have that info

When did you move from the address where the claim was issued/served - six years ago? Over 6 years ago, although my experian report states 2 as I had not updated since I still own and rent out the address. I have lived in London since 2011 and 6 months pre in Paris. My previous tenant can confirm I was not in the said address on the CCJ

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X