• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

* WON * Campervan dispute...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Sirs
    I am in the same boat not got to your stage if you could share some details,value of claim,what level court,did it settle before hearing,was both
    parties represented,any expert witness,were any manufacturers joined in,what details did you succeed on,did you get awarded costs,any loss of use damages. SOG or CRA law. how long did case run for,any part 36 or calderbank offers, my case is heavy and probs will upstage yours thanks

Comment

I remember it well & quite spooky was only thinking about it the other day, well done
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Congratulations and well done.

Were they represented in court, or did they defend themselves?
        Were you awarded your damages as well as court costs?

Comment

deleted double posting (right finger hit wrong button!!)

Comment

Originally posted by nochance View Post
            Dear Sirs
            I am in the same boat not got to your stage if you could share some details,value of claim,what level court,did it settle before hearing,was both
            parties represented,any expert witness,were any manufacturers joined in,what details did you succeed on,did you get awarded costs,any loss of use damages. SOG or CRA law. how long did case run for,any part 36 or calderbank offers, my case is heavy and probs will upstage yours thanks
            Please start a new thread.
            Hijacking other threads leads to confusion and could mean your post is missed

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
              I remember it well & quite spooky was only thinking about it the other day, well done
              Thank you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                Congratulations and well done.

Were they represented in court, or did they defend themselves?
                Were you awarded your damages as well as court costs?
                Thank you so much.

Yes they had legal representation on the day and were in court themselves as well. Their Lawyer kept going on about the evidence not being submitted until after the 30 day period. I reminded him that in fact I didn't need to provide evidence and that I served notice on the 29th day and that was my legal obligation. They also kept referring to their independent assessment which disputed the findings of my independent assessment. I questioned how it could be classed as an independent assessment when the assessment was being done by the very garage that put the MOT on the van and gave it a full service. The judge at this point agreed that it wasn't independent and the findings of my garage was evidence enough.

When the van was delivered back to me in January they had left some oil seals on the front seat. Despite them claiming that the van didn't have an oil leak I asked why they were in the van. They said that sometimes the garage will leave parts in the vehicle. hmmm At this point they admitted that some work had been carried out on the van without my consent.

I was awarded the full cost of camper van and all of my costs. They also dropped their counterclaim for the cost of storing the van.

It was all very stressful but I'm bloody glad I carried on, despite pressure from their legal team. I will be writing a full review on Google, AutoTrader, CarGuru and also the RAC want to know the outcome as they are an RAC approved garage.

Thanks again to everyone on here for your help and support.

Comment

Extremely well done, sir

Comment

Originally posted by IainJames View Post
                    Not sure if anyone remembers this post, probably not but I took the dealership (Swale Auto Sales) to court and won the case. Very happy. Let's see if they pay up now.
                    Congratulations
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am looking to erect some kind of garden room. The planning issue depends very much on size use and positioning. What I eventually settle for will hinge on these as well as other factors. However, I have a large garden. After about 80 ft plus from the house (extended a bit years ago) there is another piece of garden which was purchased from a neighbour at right angles to me also years ago. They had previously purchased it from their next door neighbour! Does it change things if the proposed Shed?garden room/summer house is erected on that piece of land rather than the land included in my house title deeds?

Comment

stion and I can locate where to put it Sorry

Comment

Xpatterdale suggest you start a new thread under the "housing, property and neighbours " forum if you want answers.
                          http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...and-neighbours

Comment

Hi This is my first post here but I have been having some issues with the company the OP mentions in this case. The OP mentions legal advice coming from a firm called Legalsolutions4U.co.uk found at - http://www.legalsolutions4u.co.uk/

I am having issues with them as I preparing a case against one of their clients are garage who sold me a car which is undriveable. Legal 4 u contacted telling me I was making unfounded allegations against their clients and telling me to basically forget my case.

I was a bit struck by their actions and started to look at their website and have found the following:-
                            "
                            Legalsolutions4U is not what they seem … http://www.legalsolutions4u.co.uk/terms-of-use/ mention a trader "Malcolm Graham"

He is a struck off solicitor - http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/nor...er-sra-4468101

Not just that Malcolm Graham is a convicted Fraudster - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...-walks-6257795

And for good measure …. https://www.legalsolutions4u.biz/disclaimer

Also banned from being a company director - https://www.insidermedia.com/insider...ned-until-2025

The company employs anyone .. one consultant was last employed by Mac Donalds !! so this is what you are up against.

Just Google the name I don't know how some people have the neck !

Me I just blocked them total cheap skates offering our trusty car dealers a cheap cut deal …

Comment

Hi and Welcome Apollo14LMP

Thanks for the info, but if you are looking for some assistance yourself please start a new thread.
                              This is better for you, and causes less confusion

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X