• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claiming4u

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claiming4u

Hi, my husband has been contacted by a firm called claiming4you about missold shares. he didn't keep any of the paperwork after Wills and co went bust as he had been told a few time that his claim would be too small for anyone to bother with. claiming4u says they can make a claim without the paperwork but ask for a lot of personal info - is it safe to give them this? I am afraid of his Identity being misused. any advice would be welcome. thank you.
    Last edited by whoami; 13th November 2017, 16:41:PM. Reason: typos! sorry
    Tags: None

Re: claiming4u

Originally posted by whoami View Post
    Hi, my husband has been contacted by a firm called claiming4you about missold shares. he didn't keep any of the paperwork after Wills and co went bust as he had been told a few time that his claim would be too small for anyone to bother with. claiming4u says they can make a claim without the paperwork but ask for a lot of personal info - is it safe to give them this? I am afraid of his Identity being misused. any advice would be welcome. thank you.
    Hiya

Firstly can you confirm that this is the company? http://claiming4u.uk/

Comment

thank you - sorry I thought I had edited this post so it makes sense. will try again.
      the address we have on the paperwork is: 40a Bury New Road M25 0LD tel 0161 798 9163 which seems to be round the corner from the registered address for this one ie Rico house. however when I clicked on contact the Bury road address came up so I guess it is the same

Comment

Ok thanks.

I've not come across them before. When you say that they contacted you, how was it done? A flyer through the post or a cold call? I would be wary of any claims management company who cold calls.

They're authorised by the regulator (and have been since 2013) but that doesn't mean they're reccomended by them https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

A quick look at their accounts and they seem solvent and compliant from a filing perspective https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08513837

Their Trust Pilot reviews are mixed https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/claiming4u.co.uk

However they are very expensive. Their fees are 36% + VAT which means you'll only get a little over half of any compensation, so it might be an idea to have a look around.

Unfortunately claiming with any company will involve handing over a lot of personal information.

Comment

thank you, that's really helpful. its so difficult to know who to trust now. Ryan, from the company, said they took 30% my husband has had letters from them - some a while back and again more recently, then I had a cold call which my husband followed up and they sent some forms - however I was suspicious, especially as their T&Cs were bad photocopies. thanks again, I shall advise him to look around or ring the FSCS directly.

Comment

Wills & Co Stockbrokers ? went under 2010 ?
            On 29 June 2010, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared Wills 'in default'. This means that Wills is unable or unlikely to be able to meet its liabilities and as the UK statutory fund of last resort; the FSCS can step into the shoes of Wills and redress eligible claimants. (Subject to its limits).
            http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/i...pensation.html
            So yes I would speak with FSCS first if you did nothing at the time they went under?
            If you do believe you have a misselling claim after speaking to FSCS I would look at getting proper legal advice from a solicitor - how much do you think you lost ?

So Claiming4u .... did you actually complete any of the forms they sent you ? Do the forms say 30% or 36% + VAT ?

Previous incarnation Claiming4me Ltd - Although Claiming4me Ltd is a new name for Claiming4u Ltd so that would ring alarm bells to me - why change your company name, then set up a new company within a month with the same name as the previous company name ? Looks like they've changed ownership too, so I'd look into whether the new company is actually authorised or if it's just trading off the old company's authorisation - however the Director seems to have been the same on both ( Naomi Kahn )

Run by Karmen Funding as already mentioned

Business Name:
            Karmen Funding Limited
            Address:
            40A Bury New Road
            Town/City:
            PRESTWICH
            Postcode:
            M25 0LD
            County:
            Greater Manchester
            Trading Names:
            Claiming4U
            Sector:
            Financial products/services
            Authorisation Number:
            CRM33452
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

o wow, thank you for this. thankfully he had yet to fill in the forms - I fielded some calls from them, asked him about it and felt sufficiently alarmed to make enquiries.
              my husband deals with investments (I do the day to day stuff) it was all a few years ago and apparently the shares we had, through wills, went under followed by Wills and co. and my husband was told we didn't have enough for it to be worth claiming compensation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X