• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ccj default with restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccj default with restons

ccj,which we knew nothing about, has defaulted . They want an offer . How much will they accept on £7000. Have an average wage but no free money.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ccj default with restons

give more detail , depends on the facts that a set a side may be necessary but we would need to know what it is all about etc?

Comment

It was a ccj we didnt know about that caught up with us eventually. It was halifax credit card. The first we knew was a demand for £200 as we were behind,because we didnt know about it. We did pay this as it was an official court letter. We waited for a new arrangement which has just come with a means test from restons. Im not confident they will be reasonable with this. Worried they may go for attatchment of earnings or something. My husband has an average wage but we have high rent and high outgoings . How can we get an affordable solution with reasonable amount ? My sons doing A levels and dont want him to feel financial pressure . Is it best to go to the court or can they refuse a court decision? My husband sent off the means form but guess they wont care what we can afford

Comment

When was the CCJ?

Why didn’t you know about it at the time (served on an address where you weren’t living etc)?

How how did it catch up with you eventually?

Did you agree to pay £200 per month and why/how did you agree this?

Who was the Claimant who instructed Restons solicitors?

Di

Comment

The ccj was about 2 years ago, not got the details on me at the moment.
          We knew nothing about it despite being at the same address. There was a legal warning came through for paying this catch up of £200 that was owing. We managed to pay that and have now received a means form from restons .

Comment

Originally posted by had enough View Post
            The ccj was about 2 years ago, not got the details on me at the moment.
            We knew nothing about it despite being at the same address. There was a legal warning came through for paying this catch up of £200 that was owing. We managed to pay that and have now received a means form from restons .
            If you were not served with the claim form then you should make an Application to set aside the Default Judgment .

However you may have compromised your chances if you didn't act promptly once you discovered the CCJ which was presumably when Restons went for enforcement. When was that?

However (again) since you are/were a LIP you may be able to revisit the situation depending on the circumstances.

Who is the Judgment Creditor and might you have had good prospects of defending it if you had been given the opportunity? It was an old Halifax credit card from what I can see.

Di

Comment

Restons went for enforcement with the warning letter of £200. However the debt is admitted but we want a payment plan we can afford. I dont trust restons. Is it better to offer the court money or restons. The main problem is we never had chance to make an agreement because we didnt know it was going to court. We need an affordable amount. whats the best way to get a reasonable amount that we can afford? Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X