• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to Post a Link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Post a Link

Creating a Link

To include a link to another thread, or an external website, as text, the simplest way is to visit the page you want to link to in a second browser window, highlight the link in the browser bar, copy it and paste it directly into your post.

So for example:

I want to link you to this great site .... http://www.rathergood.com/
    Is done by following these steps;

1: Have the page you want to link to in a second browser window thus;

2: Bring that window to the front and highlight the text in the browser bar thus;

3: On your keyboard hold down the CTRL button and press C (to copy it to you clipboard)

4: Switch back to the LB page you were working on, click back in your post where you wish the link to display, and hold down CTRL and press V (to paste from your clipboard)

This leaves you with;

5: Then when you have finished writing your post and click submit, the link will automatically parse, thus;

Now sometimes you might want the link to say something other than the full link address in your post.

For example:

I wanted to give you this great link
    HERE

There are two ways of doing this.

The simplest is to type the post out including the word you want to use as the link, such as HERE

Then using your cursor, before submitting the message, go back and highlight the word HERE - then click button (in the bar at the top of the reply box) and paste (CTRL V) your full link in the box that pops up.

Second method (and how I do it but I am a bit of a div sometimes)

Make your post in full as per the steps 1 to 5 above and submit your post.

Click the EDIT button under your post, highlight the LINK you have included and type the word you want the link to become, then click submit. The word you overtyped should be underlined and in blue as per links.

(first method is a lot easier)

ATTACHMENTS and PICTURES guides coming up shortly
    Last edited by Amethyst; 1st February 2008, 10:57:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X