• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enter / Return Key Issues - IE10 / Windows 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter / Return Key Issues - IE10 / Windows 8

Some people (well Tuttsi and I that I know off) are having problems using the Enter Key to make new paragraphs when typing in advanced reply and pm's. This appears to be a glitch with Vbulletin 4.2 when combined with IE10 and Windows 8. ] Anyway just so you know I'm looking into a fix. Tuttsi - yours worked for a while - were you on the same computer the whole time (working and not working) and is it IE and Windows 8 (if it isn't i'll have to think again).

FIX FOR ENTER KEY ISSUES ON LB WHEN USING IE10 and WINDOWS 8 - CLICK THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTED BUTTON (shown below) BEFORE MAKING YOUR POST
    Last edited by Amethyst; 24th October 2013, 09:17:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Enter / Return Key Issues

test

test

test

Okay - if you use IE10 then go to your USER CP (click SETTINGS top right of the screen) then click GENERAL SETTINGS - scroll down a fair bit and theres a section about WYSWIG editor etc - change this to STANDARD EDITOR - and it works.

General settings is - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...do=editoptions

Then Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface: Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls tick this one - it will give you html when typing your posts but shows right on the forum. ie.
    Code:
    Standard Editor
    is Standard Editor

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Temp fix for the moment.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Totally unrelated, but my computer seems to keep going right back to the Home Page of LB for no reason when ttrying to open posts. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, and it's not a major problem, just a niggle.

Comment

test

test
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Totally unrelated, but my computer seems to keep going right back to the Home Page of LB for no reason when ttrying to open posts. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, and it's not a major problem, just a niggle.
          I have a few times recently....thought it was just my cruddy driving of my new tablet thingy.

Damn it. I'll look up if there's any known glitches.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Enter / Return Key Issues - IE10 / Windows 8

mine still don't work and to think I just learned to do paragraphs dam!

Comment

You may want to look at this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...evices-working

...or else ditch IE and try Firefox.

Comment

Sorry - should have said I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  You may want to look at this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...evices-working

...or else ditch IE and try Firefox.
                  I use firefox on everything else, just haven't figured out how to get it on my new tablet thingy yet xxx You can tell I use Firefox as for about six months LB didn't have a logo if you viewed it on ie as I'd forgotten to set the size tags lol.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    I use firefox on everything else, just haven't figured out how to get it on my new tablet thingy yet xxx You can tell I use Firefox as for about six months LB didn't have a logo if you viewed it on ie as I'd forgotten to set the size tags lol.
                    I only ever use IE to test websites but not for personal use. IE is the web designer's worst enemy!

You can download Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US

Comment

Chrome seems to work well.

Comment

Well I followed Ame's advice let's see if it works....

YEAHHHHHHHH it works again.

Thanks Ame xxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Some people (well Tuttsi and I that I know off) are having problems using the Enter Key to make new paragraphs when typing in advanced reply and pm's. This appears to be a glitch with Vbulletin 4.2 when combined with IE10 and Windows 8. ] Anyway just so you know I'm looking into a fix. Tuttsi - yours worked for a while - were you on the same computer the whole time (working and not working) and is it IE and Windows 8 (if it isn't i'll have to think again).
                          Ame,

I just noticed your question here as was so excited to have my return back.... yes using the same computer. Funny the return did work straight after the upgrade so thought the upgrade fixed the problem, then suddenly the return stopped working last week.

I don't know what IE10 is? I am on windows 7 as far as I know.

You know me, I am not IT literate. so will leave this in your capable hands xx

Comment

any ideas how I can get firefox on my ms surface tablet ? actually it's probably good for me to use IE in at least one place so #I can 'experience' these bugs for myself.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I,m using windows 7 with IE and I also lost the return key in last couple of days and I also lost the text colours

but after your fix above Ame it seems to be working fine now

so might be a pop up blocker? Another way to know if anything is being blocked by the popup blocker is
                              right click on the link that you want to open and click open, if it opens up in a new page then it is the popup blocker that is blocking it,
                              if it doesn't open the link in a new page, then it is NOT the blocker that's stopping it from opening, its another problem
                              If it is the popup blocker that is doing the blocking you can change the settings in IE from low to medium to high
                              For popup Blocker settings
                              go to Tools (at top of screen)
                              Pop-up Blocker (then a side box pops out)
                              Click on Pop up blocker settings (Will open a new window)
                              then click on the Blocking Level at bottom of page and a drop down menu will appear
                              select on the one you want

I do not advise selecting the low level, only med to high

Hope this helps someone at some point

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X