• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

some suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some suggestions

have been trying to think ahead to when this site grows, and ways of organising it so that information is easy to find.

these are just a few things that come to mind for now -

1. Think it needs to be made clearer, perhaps in the welcome forum, that people claiming contractual interest should post their threads in the CI section and not in the relevant bank forum.

2. I don't know what the software restrictions are, but could thread titles be colour coded or maybe the icon changed to reflect what stage they are at?

maybe

green - just starting out through to raising court claim stage,
    amber - court claim stage through to allocation
    red - post allocation and all claims heading for a hearing
    black - settled

do you think this would encourage other people to read threads at the same stage as their own claims rather than just posting a question that's been asked over and over before?

3. when a case is settled, maybe one particular Mod could have responsibility for posting the results at the top of that particular bank's forum.

One thread dedicated to posting success stories and one for failures (to learn from mistakes). Purely just a summary which could be in a template form. This would provide a pattern over time so that new members would see what stage their claim is likely to be settled, maybe not panic when they receive a defence, and learn from others successes/failures. new members could be directed here by a link from the welcome section to see what's in store for them.

member name
    name of bank's solicitors
    court name
    date claim issued at court
    date claim settled
    court track allocated
    stage settled : pre court/pre defence/post defence/pre allocation/post allocation/post default judgement/post enforcement
    charges (& interest charged) from date to date
    county court interest / contractual interest and what rate
    default removed?

if CI or post 6 year charges were won, a link to the thread if the POC and/or defence details were posted

paste a copy of any unusual order/judgement (like disclosure or defence struck out as abuse of process or post 6 yr claim struck out etc.)

reason for failure

once the results have been posted the mod could then change the user thread title to show this.

4. Could there be one place for people to link to anything interesting & newsworthy that's going on in the threads that others may be missing if its say in a bank forum that you don't usually check out, like have you seen what this judge has said here - this person lost/won in court today - these solicitors are now citing the Lloyds case etc. - just a place like opening the morning newspaper to see what's in the news - and maybe saving a few thread hijacks?

ok it'll probably be no, no, no and no, but these are just a few suggestions, cos I know that over the road it did become a bit like an encyclopedia with no index and I think millions of questions are repeated time and time again. I know some people are lazy and can't be bothered to research other threads but some of it is down to people not being used to using forums and information not being easy to spot.
    Last edited by lioness; 27th May 2007, 18:53:PM.

To me that sounds like a good idea and maybe locking the thread as some peeps are used to the mse all merged together website. Just a thought as i read the post.

Comment

BTW, I would be quite happy to do this thread summary bit and PM it to a mod for posting if it would help.

Comment

something else

something else I just thought of, would it be useful to have each bank's usual defence stickied in each bank forum, with opportunity to discuss its flaws.

Also stickies of the terms and conditions, and how to disprove the service charge argument.

Comment

Well done Lio. That all seems like really good stuff to me. I won't say much more than that 'cos it's up to admin to discuss, really. And besides, last time I posted in one of your wretched "suggestions" threads, admin elsewhere decided I was moaning again, and told me to bu99er off !!!!

Comment

wow! awesome suggestions lioness

The colour coding different stages is something we'd like to incorporate and has been discussed.

Good point about pointing CI claims to go to CI forum, although sometimes people change, so if we see CI in the main forum those threads will get shifted.

The Hot Topic idea is also really good, especially when we move up a gear and start testing some cases. We would like to bring in a live news feed at some point, so this could perhaps be incorporated??

In fact I like all the suggestions, so yes, if you would like to do the summaries I'd be delighted. Obviously right now we will be a bit low on news but this will improve as soon as we get new puppies!
            Thanks
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Simian View Post
              Well done Lio. That all seems like really good stuff to me. I won't say much more than that 'cos it's up to admin to discuss, really. And besides, last time I posted in one of your wretched "suggestions" threads, admin elsewhere decided I was moaning again, and told me to bu99er off !!!!
              bu99er off then

Comment

ooh, thats a deal then celestine. Any idea yet who will be co-ordinating it so I would know who to send them to?

Comment

erm good question!! send it to me or amethyst until we get everything sorted proper.....cheers
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Some really good ideas there Lioness , especially the T&C`s .Perhaps we could scan and upload them as stickies releveant to each forum , contract terms , T&C`s , defences , template reponse letters by the banks , CCA`s for credit cards etc etc etc .

Just one reservation though , yes post up the standard defences , but , if we discuss their weaknessess on open forum arent we giving the `watchers` a head start and the possibility to rewrite their defences accordingly to remove their weaknessess?? Sorry to put a dampner on that particular one but other than that some brilliant suggestions just what the site needs positive thinking and group force. Keep `em coming .
                    Last edited by Tools; 27th May 2007, 22:09:PM. Reason: added upload idea
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Every Little Helps

Just an idea for everyone who sells on Ebay , Amazon and other similar sites . I include a link back to Legal Beagles by inserting the text and link shown below at the end of the items description. Even if it helps one more person reclaim what is rightfully theirs then its better than none.

Please Also Visit And Support Legal BeaglesConsumer Forum , Helping You Reclaim Your Unfair Bank And Credit Card Charges For Free!!

You can directly copy and paste the above text straight into your items description and it will link to Legal Beagles Homepage. If you need any help with this on your own listings please ask in here or PM me

Thanks Everyone for your continued support

Jules
                      Last edited by Tools; 5th August 2007, 13:19:PM.
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Great idea Tools, i dont sell a great deal on ebay (i buy mostly, too much hubby says lol) but i will pop it on the next thing i sell

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                          Just one reservation though , yes post up the standard defences , but , if we discuss their weaknessess on open forum arent we giving the `watchers` a head start
                          Thats a hard one, as getting the words to people who need them holds a risk.

Is there any way of having it under a link for a private forum or discussion, or are the watchers actually here....:slayer:
                          Last edited by Paradox; 5th August 2007, 21:19:PM. Reason: Fixing the quote

Comment

Re: some suggestions

The watchers are already here

Which we don`t mind anyway it can be a good tool to use.

Comment

Re: some suggestions

Hi Tools
                              Placed an ideal in the wrong place earlier, couldnt find this one again.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1667

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X