• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accessing Threads and Posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Threads and Posts

Is anyone else having problems with threads sticking when they're loading, or the computer just freezing half way through loading?

Mine has been doing this for about 4 - 5 days now, maybe slightly longer. It happens on five different computers we have in the house, and my iPhone. It does not happen on any other site I go on, so I believe it is something specifically to do with LB.

Also, when pages do load, they can be of a very strange appearance. For example, they can be double the width they should be, so you have to scroll across to read the end of every line. Sometimes I just get part of the page repeating over and over again.

As I say, it is not something which is happening with any other site I visit, so it must be something that has changed, maybe on the LB server?

Just wondered if anyone else was having strange issues, as it's driving me mad, and often leads to me just giving up trying to access the site as it takes so long.
    Tags: None

Re: Accessing Threads and Posts

Hi Labman

Can't say I've had the same problems, the only thing I've noticed is a slow refresh rate.
    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

Like this, it has just taken me nearly 10 minutes, just to get in to post this reply as it sticks. Several times the page has half loaded then frozen like that. Very strange.

I will check with our ISP today, but as it only happens here, I can't see that being the cause.

Comment

it might be better today labman,

I know that Celestine and CB have been working on meausures to stop spammers, they spent 5 hours IP blocking yesterday, maybe thats one of the causes

Comment

Hiya, I've noticed a similar problem and yes I agree it is very frustrating, as Puffrose says spammers are a major problem at the moment and Celestine did in fact spend half her day yesterday just blocking IP's, Curly and myself, sit watching and waiting for the little buggers daily and zap them as and when we can.
          I actually have the site open all day whilst at work (thank god I'm the boss, I'd sack someone who worked for me and did it lol), and click in and out as and when time allows me.
          I spoke to Celestine the other day and yes we are updating the server pretty soon which should sort out the problems, please accept our apologies and be patient with us.

Comment

seems to be ok here thanks for sorting things out I can at last start a thread if needed those spammers are the pits keep up the good work
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
              please accept our apologies and be patient with us.
              lol - didn't know you could be so polite Sapphy - it makes you sound quite posh!

Apologies accepted and the law suit has been put on hold pending further evidence! :beagle:

Thank you!

Comment

I am from Essex so therefore I am posh.

Comment

Comment

you on IE,Chrome or Firefox Labman

When I changed from IE to Firefox -- it was much better

I have noticed on my phone (Android ) that UPDATE (What's going on) box don't show now----I had that with IE too before I cleared cookies (before I moved to Firefox)

Comment

I am unable to start a new thread, any ideas folks?

Comment

Originally posted by New_Age_Biker View Post
                        I am unable to start a new thread, any ideas folks?
                        Sorry I think Cels been playing with the permissions again, I suggest that you send her a PM and ask for it to be rectified.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          you on IE,Chrome or Firefox Labman

When I changed from IE to Firefox -- it was much better

I have noticed on my phone (Android ) that UPDATE (What's going on) box don't show now----I had that with IE too before I cleared cookies (before I moved to Firefox)
                          When on the PC's I use Firefox, on iPads I haven't a clue what is uses, you don't get a choice.

Comment

same hare on mo can start a thread then cant , but there again for a very minor inconvienience of this against stopping the spammers I,m not too worried and hope you can get it sorted out without too much hassle.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agree with you there messimoo. Great to see something being done about the spammers and big pat on the back to Cel et al for their efforts. :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X