• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Site updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site updates

We are in the process of re-organising and refreshing the Legal Beagles forum structure and management, so if you do notice any changes in staff or structure please don't worry, these changes won’t impact significantly on your usage of the forum.

The layout and feel of the site won't be changing greatly; as the feedback we have received from our users is that they are happy with Legal Beagles current format.

Since starting in May 2007 we have grown at quite a leisurely pace and various forums have been added to over the years - it has resulted in some areas becoming a little complicated, so we will be looking at making the different areas of Community, Campaign and Advice better defined and easier to navigate.

We would also like to focus much more strongly on campaigning and regulatory policies to try and build a fairer future for consumers. This is something we have been very involved with in the past and would like to strengthen further. To achieve this we want to harness the amazing energy and passion of our members.

Feedback received from previous consultations and meetings with various regulatory organisations, has been that we can offer a much more up to date, ground level view on key issues than, for example, the policy unit at the Citizens Advice Bureau, who because of their distance from the one on one advice, have to deal with case studies and statistics and are not able to offer the most relevant supporting information.

We'd really love more people to get involved in responding to consultations - I know often people feel their voice won't be heard or listened to, or that it doesn't make any difference.......Yes it can be like banging your head against a brick wall, but if you do it enough you can make significant breakthroughs. Keep an eye on the Campaigns section of the forum, we will be asking for your help.

We are also looking at tweaking our moderation policy. We now have over 24,000 members and that does require a more structured, consistent approach than when we had just a few hundred users. We are looking at introducing an infractions based policy to provide predictable warnings for breaches of appropriate behavior. We’re very proud of our light touch moderation policy, we believe it has created a good atmosphere on site, but we recognize that as we grow, we will need to establish a solid structure to the sites ethos.

We thank every one who has been involved in growing this amazing site to its current position, now is the time for the next important step; we need your help and support, knowledge and passion for change and fairness to consumers. If any of you have ideas or want to get more deeply involved please let us know, all ideas are welcome and gratefully received.

Thank you xxx

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Site updates

Just like to say brilliant site
    • brilliant layout
    • brilliant mods
    • brilliant people all around

Comment

Can we have a campaign against CMC's who misbehave themselves.

Comment

please avoid too much orange

Comment

lol, VIPs will stay orange, otherwise we're quite happy with the blue.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Exciting stuff! Sounds like there's good things to look forward to, and it's great to see the site thinking beyond just our generation and towards making things better for the next.

Thanks everyone involved for your hard work - I look forward to seeing the results.

Comment

Can we have a prominent bit that says who's what? As in who's in charge, who the Team members are, who's in charge of which forums etc? Just so people can direct any queries to the appropriate person. (and so I know who to annoy)
              Is no longer here

Comment

Yip Soon as we get a couple things finalised the View Forum Leaders page will have all the information on and we'll put a prominent post up in the Welcome forum.

We have removed all moderators of individual forums as they simply aren't necessary with the way the site works, and we will bring Working Groups back as an extension of team on the campaigning and advice side.

General site issue queries can be sent to any of the Team - currently this is made up of myself, Celestine, Tools, Curlyben, Sapphire and Enaid. Celestine and myself are Site Admin, and the others are Team (Super Moderators) and we all have the ability to move posts/squash spammers and the like.

And if you want to annoy anyone, I guess I'm the best one to annoy lol.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

no "local moderators" eh...!

Comment

I always annoy Amethyst anyway .

One thing that I think would be useful is something that does sound perhaps obvious, ie a guide to writing a response to consultations because clearly most institutions and organisations have a structure to it and perhaps guidance as to what to think about when responding would be good. Simply saying i think this is a load of old hat, might not necessarily be the best response.

Was gonna look at this issue at some point but others things got in the way at the time.
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      We would also like to focus much more strongly on campaigning and regulatory policies to try and build a fairer future for consumers. This is something we have been very involved with in the past and would like to strengthen further.

Marvelous.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        I always annoy Amethyst anyway .

One thing that I think would be useful is something that does sound perhaps obvious, ie a guide to writing a response to consultations because clearly most institutions and organisations have a structure to it and perhaps guidance as to what to think about when responding would be good. Simply saying i think this is a load of old hat, might not necessarily be the best response.

Was gonna look at this issue at some point but others things got in the way at the time.

That's a very good suggestion in my view.

The fact is most consultations are open to any body or individual to give their views and/or provide evidence.

As a site we've responded to about half a dozen consultations in the past but they are time consuming and can be expensive if done properly. Consultations are only vehicle that connects consumer forums & their members to regulators & the Government and I think for that reason they are really important. The problem is that members don't seem to have faith in the consultation process or place much value on it as it the results are not very tangible.

Comment

Does the software allow for you to have different colours for the forum? I know you can use a default blue but are other colours available so that you can view the forum is say, red?

Comment

If you look at the bottom of the pages - just above the long list of numbers (which I forget what they are they for) theres the option to switch to Default (which I had forgotten about and looks terrible lol - we did that before we worked out how to do stuff properly so it messed up the actual default 'install' template oops) and large text. We used to have Pink, Green and multicoloured - but no one liked them - so everyone's default is set now to Blue Forum automatically.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The white lettering for Money advice is not great to be honest because it is difficult to see on a blue background

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X