• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Student Questions - Policy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Questions - Policy?

I have been unable to find a policvy on students asking their study questions.
    Do you have one?
    Personally I am not against it on condition that the poster is quite open about it, and looks as is if they have at least put in some work to find an answer before posting.
    Some will not want to waste time on such
    Some will be against undermining the teaching process.
    Tags: None

You can tell generally from the posts that the question they are asking might be a student type question. I don't think there is a policy on the forum specific to this but if I see them I do tend to ask the poster what they think the answer is or point them in the direction of what I think the topic relates to and avoid giving a direct answer.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to sharing an answer, either for the student's benefit who is really struggling to produce and answer or simply for the lazy person to get the answers and responses they need without doing much work themselves. Given that assignments these days are checked for plagiarism (for university at least) it would be difficult for them to simply copy and paste without amending the answers to a certain degree in order to avoid being flagged - that percentage of amendments to avoid a flag for similarity depends on the tool used.

I don't think we get a lot of student questions though I have seen some crop up at specific times of the year that aligns with deadline dates such as December/January and June/July/August
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The sort of policy dslippy describes worked well in the old swarblaw forum where we were both members.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X