• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grapes Of Wrath: man sues M&S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapes Of Wrath: man sues M&S

I hope we get to hear the outcome of this case, what a load of tripe. Well that's my opinion what do you think?

An accountant wants more than £300,000 damages from Marks & Spencer after claiming he slipped on a grape during a shopping trip.

Alexander Martin-Sklan, 55, of Golders Green Road, Barnet, says he tore the tendon in his right leg in June 2004.
    His High Court action is being contested by the retail giant.
    Mr Martin-Sklan, who is representing himself at the London hearing, says a piece of squashed fruit was found on his right shoe after the fall and could have been picked up inside the shop, or in the store's car park.
    The accident happened at his local Finchley Road branch as he left the store with his trolley to return to his car.
    Mr Martin-Sklan says he suffered a ruptured quadricep tendon and "adverse psychological effects and depression" arising from the injury.
    Opening his case in written submissions to the court, Mr Martin-Sklan said: "My claim is that I picked up the fruit somewhere on the company's premises."
    The accountant went on to criticise the cleaning systems he says were in place at the store at the time.
    Marks and Spencer PLC, represented by barrister James Aldridge, deny that they were negligent.
    "It is true that, before you put your sandals on that afternoon, you didn't make a special examination of the soles? You cannot say that the piece of goo was not already on your sandals," said the barrister.
    The hearing, expected to last for another day, continue

Re: Grapes Of Wrath: man sues M&S

well, remember the Stella Awards? In the US a woman sued macdonalds after she knocked her own coffee on herself and blamed them, SHE WON. (that's one of the reasons we have the words "contents hot" on coffee cups lids)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X