• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mothers Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mothers Day

My mum passed away on 13th February 2008. This is a hard day for me. I have two gorgeous children who have made a fuss of me today and my hub has made a lovely lunch (under my consultation!). She isn't here for me to take the standard plant and overpriced card to and I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      I agree it has become quite commercial now, but as with valentines, fathers and other special days - in this day and age when we are all so busy it is nice and I think important to have a particular day set aside which you can dedicate to someone special - or show someone you think of them when you wouldn't usually do so. Yes it shouldn't be needed and you should show it all year round, but many of us don't.
      Mothers and Fathers Day should definitely be celebrated as Ame says above. Children should be taught to appreciate the little things that make their lives go smoothly and one day a year of loading the dishwasher and tidying will not kill them.

Sadly, the politically correct brigade have almost seen off Fathers Day completely. In schools for Mothers Day, the children make cards and little baskets, but Fathers Day is all but ignored for fear of upsetting the children that do not have Fathers. Everyone has a Father and the children who still live with theirs shouldn't punished.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle73 View Post
        My mum passed away on 13th February 2008. This is a hard day for me. I have two gorgeous children who have made a fuss of me today and my hub has made a lovely lunch (under my consultation!). She isn't here for me to take the standard plant and overpriced card to and I miss her.

So sorry to hear of your loss Michelle...just wanted to say that it must be so hard for you but try to keep your chin up, as it sounds like you've got a lovely family who are gonna try to keep you cheerful for today
        Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
        DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
        59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
        179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
        254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

Thanks Crash for your kind words. It is hard. Everything is raw and hard to deal with. I lost my dad 18 years ago when i was 15 and now mum has gone. I only have one full blood relative left and that is my brother. I feel like i have been cast adrift.

Comment

michelle, what i am about to say will not probably sink in properly at the moment. My sympathies go to you and your family at this time. With the death of anyone close to you, it is a hard time and the first year will be the worst that you will go through. Anniversaries, birthdays etc,etc, BUT once that year has gone through you will be stronger. My suggestion to you is that on the 1 year anniversary, to do something that your mother would have liked, ie if she liked bingo then go to a bingo hall and play a game. Take care in this difficult time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
              michelle, what i am about to say will not probably sink in properly at the moment. My sympathies go to you and your family at this time. With the death of anyone close to you, it is a hard time and the first year will be the worst that you will go through. Anniversaries, birthdays etc,etc, BUT once that year has gone through you will be stronger. My suggestion to you is that on the 1 year anniversary, to do something that your mother would have liked, ie if she liked bingo then go to a bingo hall and play a game. Take care in this difficult time.
              Thanks Nattie, I know you are right as I have done this before with my Dad. I will get there, just low right now. Thank you for you words xx

Comment

Michelle, I can only say that it does get easier. I lost my mom when I was 24, my dad a few years later. Times like Mothers and Fathers day are hard, to be truthful I can't bear to go to my mother inlaws on Mom's Day, even now, I sort of begrudge being able to send her a card when I can't send one to my own mom. Especially as Mothers Day quite often falls on the anniversary of her passing away - that really sucks! But there's not a day goes by when I don't think of both my parents, and as time passes remembering the special times becomes more often than remembering the sadness, if you see what I mean.

On a lighter note, my son bought me a cuppa in bed, a lovely card, face cream, chocs and socks (with a horse on them, with a fluffy mane). Daughter hadn't got any money (and too blonde to ask her dad) so she sent me a lovely text, gave me a big hug, and we spent a lovely day together.
                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X