• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this is (yes i know its a bird thanks)

Came in the garden sunbathing on the flags today but can't figure it out

Comment

• Go pull all his baby down off then it will be easier

Try UKsafari... Birds - UK Safari
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

• I thought it may be a baby thrush, it has all the speckles like a thrush on it.

Comment

• That was my first thought but they don't have speckles on the back, don't put 'baby thrush' in a google images search, you get some orrible pictures!

Comment

• could be a lady blackbird how big was it? Might even be a robin if it was small

Comment

• Yep i think baby robin

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b.../babyrobin.jpg

Comment

• I think so too now, seeing that piccie, a baby wren is a lot smaller and it's tail is always cocked up.

Comment

• Yes wrens are really tiny. We had a robins nest in the garden but the bloody cat had them all

Comment

• Naughty puddy,
                    I love the birds in our garden, i like to watch how they all feed differently.
                    Some off the floor, others of the table and the rest off the nut and seed feeders.
                    The starlings are scary when they come though it's just like Hithcock lol,
                    they clear the table in 2 secs as well.

Comment

• Thanks RLJ, looks like mystery solved, OH said look at this bird sunbathing, its got legs like a robin(?) but it isn't - appears he was wrong - again!

Comment

• Re: Gardening Thread

Okey Dokey

Well I promised to put my sunflower pics up and finally I have got round to it.

This is a Russian Giant, It has only opened up in the last week asn at present its only about 7ft with a 8" head.

It should fo to well over 12ft with a 1ft head, but we haven't had the summer we had last year and ive been disappointed with my sunflowers this year.

Anyway the pics.

Comment

Thats a mighty big flower, 20 is plenty as your bin states LOL.

just wondered if anyone can help.

Need a tree looking like palm tree to grow 3/4 ft, leaves not to long or they will hang over a path way. Must not need caring, and must stand constant hot weather all summer as my garden has no respite atall, and also gets very wet in winter with rain fall.

Thanks.
                          P

PS the bird resembles cat food ;-)
                          Last edited by pam1; 26th August 2007, 22:54:PM.

Comment

I WANT the giant sunflower

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Pam,
                              You want the palm centre, most palms need wrapping in winter though to keep them warm.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

http://www.thepalmcentre.co.uk/

(found it) tells you all about how big the palsm get, and what they like and dont like

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X