• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gardening Thread

Originally posted by enaid View Post
    Indoor gardening
    You don't even have to have any outside space to grow your own. Potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and herbs can be produced indoors in windowsills and under sinks. "
    "The budget option would be to use old plastic bottles as pots, buckets, bins, or even an old pair of wellies," says Corner.

I tend to have a fair few sprouty tatties under my sink and the depths of my veggie cupboard, and i'm sure I saw some mushrooms in the kids wellies last week.

I'm so advanced
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      I tend to have a fair few sprouty tatties under my sink and the depths of my veggie cupboard, and i'm sure I saw some mushrooms in the kids wellies last week.

I'm so advanced
      PMSL
      and very green too lol

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
        Well this morning I went from this

to This
        LOL

we have started a veggie plot up in the bottom half of our garden, it was over shadoweed by three large leylandii (i think) around 50 - 60 foot tall.

My neighbour who owned the trees wanted them down but didnt want to pay for them, so i took them down. Great fun and very satisfying wathcing the buggers fall over.

the lase and smallest one was a bit hairy though, nearly fell the wrong way but with some tugging and heaving it finally fell where we wanted.

Lets hope the veggies appreicate all the effort and soak up the extra light they get.

Glenn

Comment

I thought I'd resurrect this thread and ask how everyone has got on growing their flowers and veggies this year.
          I've only done runner beans this time as we are changing things round in our garden and I'm also campaigning for a greenhouse, they are getting cheaper all the time now, so hopefully will get one pretty soon.
          I'm hoping to grow some Mediterranean veggies in there, now coming from a confirmed meat eater who don't eat veggies this is a first for me, but I have found that I really like Mediterranean veggies roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic. I might even start trying out the regular veggies one day too lol.
          We also have a Damson tree at the bottom of the garden which is laden with fruit, I always end up giving the fruit away. Once its clear then we need to have it cut right back as its totally overgrown, and overshadows the space where the greenhouse is going to be.
          Re: the flowers because only have one bed and the rest is tubs I have done an experiment and topped up my soil in some with Miraclegrow compost and left some as normal. Blimey the difference is amazing and I have the biggest Bizzie Lizzie's I've seen in years. I've even got then growing round the base of the Date Palms and Cordyline's we have growing in tubs. We're definately going to use it again next year.

For anyone who is into growing their veggies I have found an excellent little forum thats based in the UK rather than the majority that are in America Vegetable Gardening Forum- Gardening Forum

TTFN

Comment

well I decided to grow some peppers. Got as far as putting the seeds to dry on a saucer on the windowsill. That was about 6 weeks ago........

We have two tomato plants which have done well out in the garden, not that I care cos I don't like tomatoes anyway but OH does.

Have planted bizzies, petunias etc in big troughs at the front of the house and they have come out well and look lovely.

Am on a personal vendetta against the bloody ragged robin weed stuff which invades my back garden and chickweed which I can't seem to get rid of out of the front garden.

Tony's parents are moving house soon so he has already been round their front garden earmarking which plants he wants when they go.
            Is no longer here

Comment

My garden has done well this year, I've grown loads of different lettuce, salad leaves oriental veg, peppers, chilli's, carrots, tomatoes, runner beans, mangetout, peas, potatoes, blueberries, gooseberrys, raspberries and alpine strawberries and regular strawberries and all my herbs as normal oh and onions, shallots, leeks and garlic too...

Plant wise all change The 8 50ft conifers on the right fence have come down, to be replaced by an ugly 6 ft fence to I now have a huge shade border which I filled via freecycle. I now have a lovely fernery mixed in with foxgloves and aquiligia. The fences have black bamboo, honeysuckle and jasmine growing up them.

I've put in a gravel drive out front and now have a boarder with lavender, hollyhocks, aquiligia, lupins, gladiolia, and much more

I have a new HUGE amazing project that I am sooooo excited about so I have been frantically taking cuttings of every plant I see and my garden is now being taken over as a nursey...if anyone wants to donate plants or seeds they would be gratefully recieved lol my current cuttings are not going to make even the smallest of dents in the new space. My neighbours will be banning me from their gardens soon , lol stripping everything for cuttings.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by WendyB View Post

Am on a personal vendetta against the bloody ragged robin weed stuff which invades my back garden .
              Oh I love ragged robin,lynchnis flos-cuculi, its one of our lovely native wildflowers x Its actually in decline in the UK and is now actively being cultivated! Have you considered selling it on ebay?
              Last edited by Mochamoo; 13th August 2009, 14:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post

Oh I love ragged robin,lynchnis flos-cuculi, its one of our lovely native wildflowers x Its actually in decline in the UK and is now actively being cultivated! Have you considered selling it on ebay?
                what??? That horrible weedlike thing with the purply flowers? People would actually pay money for it? I'll have to make sure it is actually ragged robin (although I'm sure my sister says it was and she's a gardner). I am off to have a look at ebay now. It's certainly not in decline in my garden lol. I rip out loads of the stuff on a weekly basis.
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                well have had a look at some photos but can't decide if it is or not. The plant I have only has tiny flowers, but the stems are indeed reddish in colour. I will text you a photo later and you can give me the nod if it is. Just seen someone selling on ebay for 37 quid! (No buyers mind lol.
                Last edited by WendyB; 13th August 2009, 14:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Sapphire's post - "We also have a Damson tree at the bottom of the garden which is laden with fruit, I always end up giving the fruit away."

(Not sure how to deal with quotes.) Have you thought of making damson gin? Beats sloe gin any day, and great for Xmas presents or self-indulgence. I've a fabulous crop of damsons this year, hard winter, lots of rain, best harvest in years. That's what I'll be doing over the weekend. Also for anyone troubled by earwigs in dahlias, vaseline smeared on the stem below the flower works a treat.

Hadn't twigged there was a gardening thread. As a keen gardener and allotment holder, good to have found this thread.
                  zeitgit
                  Last edited by zeitgit; 13th August 2009, 15:31:PM. Reason: clarification as to source of quote

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgit View Post

Hadn't twigged there was a gardening thread. As a keen gardener and allotment holder, good to have found this thread.
                    zeitgit

Ohhh tell us more, whatcha growing? You can stick up piccies too if you want...we have loads up near the start of this thread x
                    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Thanks for the idea Zeitgit I'll be doing that.

Comment

Raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, rhubarb.
                        Cabbage, red cabbage, purple sprouting broccoli, spinach, carrots, parsnips, mange tout, yellow French beans, broad beans, sweetcorn, leeks, onions, shallots and spuds. Tomatoes, lettuces, radish, peppers, coriander.

For cutting: David Austin roses, gladioli, dahlias, zinnia, sweet sultan, asters and kochia ( bushy foliage plant that sways in the breeze, turns a most intriguing colour in autumn) and of course, sweet peas.

Think I've missed some out. Some other stuff just didn't make it this year.
                        zeitgit

Comment

Ooooo loverly.

I forgot I've got a couple of lovely Jasmine's growing up my Pergola, should smell lovely when they flower next year.

Comment

I'v got a winter flowering jasmine which is lovely, the yellow flowers cheer uo the garden when its all dull in the winter. The honeysuckle has already flowered, smells gorgeous. Have also got lavender in the front garden which is lovely. We've done away with the pond, since Tink had such a narrow escape last Christmas day when she fell in and nearly died.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Spring has sprung.
                              Get yer wellies on and start diggin'!
                              Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                              Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                              HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Ooooo loverly, I've already started planning my planting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X