• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gardening Thread

Napalm?

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

very funny :smokin::lol:

Bit close to my house though

Mind you with the credit crunch may get more on insurance and it would stop our house renovation in its tracks

worth thinking about.
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

You need really thick gloves and clothes and a pair of long reach loppers or a weed killer with Gylphosate in it.

The easiest way, Get a lawn mower or strimmer and cut them down to near ground level, cover the lot of them with tree stump killer and then cover for a couple of weeks with a tarp.

If you want to do it the organic way.... remove them to ground level with a strimmer or mower, dig as many roots out as possible then cover with a tarp for 6 months.
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
          Napalm?

lmfao

Comment

Thanks for the tips - some more practical than others . No chance to try them out yet as still trying to get rid of bits of glass and wood from a 1960s summer house that was falling down. and yes we have saved any wood that is burnable for the winter .

Now I have to do house work as in laws coming to stay. fun fun fun
            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post

Now I have to do house work as in laws coming to stay. fun fun fun
              Lucky you! That is what I have to look forward to next weekend...

If you needa hand gve me a shout, More than happy to help out in the garden. I am working again so weekends only for garden help xxx

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that - but was only thinking that if you did not have a job yet as you seem to be very knowledgeable and hard working. Glad you are in employment again and I expect you will need every weekend you get developing your own project

I am just panicking as there is so much to do and if you get one weekend of bad weather it seems to run awy with itself again and the weeds take over.

Once we get on top of it I am sure it will be ok. But then I also seem to be a base for relatives to stay and then again you dont get much done on those weekends .

I am now trying to take a more relaxed view and say the weeds are good for the wildlife.

Comment

Just reviving this - Thanks for reminding me RLJ x

My garden is still not finished - its come on nicely and is no longer a mud pitt!

Did you ever get rid of your brambles Scooby?

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Don't mention it mooch. My next door neihbour had brambles in th old house we lived in. They were a nightmare. Constantly poking through the fence. But she was a lonley old sole so we just kept pruning them and never complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                      Just reviving this - Thanks for reminding me RLJ x

My garden is still not finished - its come on nicely and is no longer a mud pitt!

Did you ever get rid of your brambles Scooby?

~WELL____

We did in a way. We know a young lad who is out of work at the moment and he did grand job of clearing the jungle end of the garden. And are going to put down the stump killer and try and cover the roots up over winter and hopefully kill them off.

However the huge amount of brambles must have been holding up the fence which has now fallen down - together with part of a wall which was about to give up the ghost - so one job leads to another.

Also we have saw fly in our plum tree so that needs sorting out

And I have a lawn mower in the house, as the1960 summer house had to come down before it fell down and that was our only storage.

Our garden has so much potential - but we are lacking time and energy at the moment -

Comment

Whats stump killer, we have an evergreen hedge at the front of the house that needs to come out and be replaced with a wall.
                        So the idea is to cut it right down and dig out the roots but apparently they can be very deep and hard to get out.
                        Would this stump killer stuff do the job and what is it ?

Comment

It a super duper strong weedkiller designed for tree stumps - evil stuff but does the job. Works better if oyu drill holes in to the stumps then pour it into the holes. I then put a shower cap over the stump for a couple of weeks to keep it in!!!!

My Hardship Claim
                          Me VS Abbey Win
                          BIL HSBC Credit Card
                          BIL EGG
                          BIL HSBC Loan
                          BIL PPI Win

Comment

It is supposed to kill off tree stumps and roots - no idea if it will work but worth a try as I dont want the brambles back! We bought ours in B&Q.

Comment

http://the-plant-directory.co.uk/rou...l?currency=GBP

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                                Whats stump killer, we have an evergreen hedge at the front of the house that needs to come out and be replaced with a wall.
                                So the idea is to cut it right down and dig out the roots but apparently they can be very deep and hard to get out.
                                Would this stump killer stuff do the job and what is it ?

hope your wall is not as expensive as ours that we had bult at the front of the house!Cost a fortune.
                                Do you now you have to have planning permission now for laying patio areas or paved drives.

I can understand why - but even more paperwork.

I am trying to make my garden wildlife friendly but low maintainance. So this year planted lots of butterfly friendly plants in pots.

Planted tomatoes in tomato tumbler bags - they worked well . when I remembered to water them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X