• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gardening Thread

I did my garden a couple of years ago. I had a landscaper do the heavy stuff but I made all the fencing myself and built the retaining walls.

I sunk a pond in to the decking and just introduced some sticklebacks. I like to keep most of the plants in pots for an easy life! Though the hedges are a constant battle to keep tame.

We don't get mains gas here so there's a tank sunk in the front garden - the green cirlce on the lawn. I want to plant some climbing plants for the front wall which lookas a bit bare but I don't want anything that attaches itself to the brickwork. Any ideas?

Comment

Well that's certainly a lovely house and garden Exc. I like honeysuckles myself and they have a lovely smell

and then there are Fuschias gorgeous and some quite hardy

Comment

Honey suckle... I love the smell

Do you want flowers, grasses, evergreens? What colours do you like?
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I suppose I want an evergreen - something ivy like but not ivy.

Is honey suckle evergreen?

Comment

Do you have allergies? if not creeping fig is good...

Or bleeding heart glory blower.... not sure how well it grows in the UK Ive had it oversea very cool vine

You could go for some ornamental grasses, you get some very cool ones now. I have bright blue ones in the garden at the moment

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Honey suckle isn't ever green but it is one o my fav plants it smells devine and looks good too

Paulo Coelho

Comment

How cool is this Aerogarden.org.uk - Dedicated UK online community site for Aerogrowers

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Nick:

Try Trachelospermum jasminoides (evergreen jasmine like climber with scented white flowers most of summer)
                  SinLur Gardens: Trachelospermum jasminoides

If it's shady try Hydrangea seemanii for something unusual.
                  Hydrangea seemanii - shoot

good luck :tinysmile_grin_t:
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Today I deceided to finish the last corner of my garden. Only to unearth yet another "how not to..." (The people who were here previously were numpties)

Todays example is how not to put in a garden pond

Step one

Dig 6 ft hole for 2ft deep pond

Step two

put down a layer of red bricks

Step three

Cover layer of bricks in tin foil and cling film

Step four

Cover bricks, tin foil and cling film with a childs paddeling pool

Step five

Put a layer of sand and gravel over bricks, tin foil, cling film and paddling pool

Step six

Stab some holes in the bottom of your pond for good drainage

Place pond in your well prepared hole

Step Seven

Fill pond with water

Stand back and admire your handy work

Realise your a complete fool and your pond is draining itself

Step Eight

Fill pond with mud and lego and cover your stupidity

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH WHY!!!!!!!
                    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                      ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH WHY!!!!!!!
                      That is the problem I have with gardening.

Comment

Ohhh and i forgot to add some where through this process they also added a decorative metal Isle of Wight tray, above the paddling pool maybe in with the sand and gravel maybe below it :crazy:
                        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          I suppose I want an evergreen - something ivy like but not ivy.

Is honey suckle evergreen?
                          Don't mention Ivy Grrrrrrrrr, had top cut masses of it back today from back fence. The neighbours side was thick of it and it was making fence lean into our side. so I spent a whole day nearly today lopping and chopping it back. Back killing me now lol.

Comment

mochamoo

really made me laugh - sounds like a pond we had in our last house.

have you managed to gain employment yet? As my offer as a jungle clearance officer still stands - and dont forget we are only 35 mins away.

We have asked someone to quote and they have not even come back to us .

On second thoughts - that shows how bad it is.

Anybody got any hints on how to get rid of a huge corner or brambles?
                            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post

Anybody got any hints on how to get rid of a huge corner or brambles?
                              Burn it

Comment

Hmmm

What do you suggest - blow torch or bonfire

Also what about the 6ft wooden fence that it is growing against?
                                "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X