• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DIY Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Anyone?

oh and need to get electrician in to stop the electrics going fizz and pop...
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I've got a roman blind needs putting up at my stairway window - i've only had it a year tho' so no rush really lol

I normally do diy stuff myself if I can, but this is beyond me as its right on the bend of the stairs and quite high - and i do not do heights!! lol

Comment

Okay where will I start.

Hall stairs and landing need painted/papered
        Bathroom needs decorating
        shower room roof needs re plastered
        all windows and doors outside need varnished
        garage door painted
        daughter's bedroom (only if she keeps it tidy)
        our bedroom
        garden needs major overhaul

need to get the builders back to fix the coving again (4th time) as it is coming away again. Had major work done due to house flooding so half of it is done.
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Here's my (ongoing) list:

GARDEN

Build a wall round the enormous pond that himself has got us.
          Jet Wash Patio's
          New roof the goes over the patio (cat jumped on it and went straight through so now a massive hole in it).

HOUSE (Note to self, buy Dulux Endurable paint in future).

Repaint hall, stairs and landing (bought cheap magnolia but didn't realise when you try to wash off a mark it takes the paint away as well).
          Paint Kitchen ceiling, door and frame. Fully tiled so no other painting needed.
          Paint Bathrooms ceilings, door and frame. Fully tiled so no other painting needed.
          Decorate small bedroom and lay new carpet which is in the garage £20 in the sales.
          Decorate main bedroom, and build new wardrobes. (Gotta save up for the wardrobes).

FRONT OF HOUSE

Strip and Paint the window frames.
          Paint the front of house.
          Jet wash the drive (this job is massive, and takes ages. Then brush new driveway sand into the cracks between the block paving.
          Tidy up the flower bed and clean all the white stones on it (they have all gone green, so need doing badly).
          Repair the wall that himself knocked down whilst driving onto the drive one night.

Comment

Bathroom needs decorating have bought the paint
            shower room roof needs re plastered
            all windows and doors outside need varnished
            garage door painted
            daughter's bedroom (only if she keeps it tidy) won't need to do this now as it is okay just not our taste
            our bedroom again same as above
            garden needs major overhaul Just going to tidy this up and if I have time get fence stained

need to get the builders back to fix the coving again (4th time) as it is coming away again. Had major work done due to house flooding so half of it is done.
            This has now been done
            Have to have a major clear out of cupboards etc have already done the boy's bedrooms,why do we keep so much stuff!!!!!!!!!!
            Need to get the house ready to put on the market not looking forward to that at all.
            Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

You lot kill me! You could have done half of this stuff in the time it took you to compile the list!

WOMEN !

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                You lot kill me! You could have done half of this stuff in the time it took you to compile the list!

WOMEN !
                Exactly!

Comment

WOMEN !
                  Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
                  Exactly!
                  You may wish to retract those statements

Comment

nice pins

Comment

WOMEN !

ooooooooh just you wait!
                      We shall deconstruct your bed at the hotel at Peterborough.
                      See how long it takes you to fix it!
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

arghhhhhh!!!

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                        But I have a very long list of unfinished jobs.

1/ Redo bathroom floor. The waterfall feature into kitchen has lost its novelty now.
                        2/ Replace bath tub, which has large chip in it after daughter dropped unknown large heavy metallic object on it......................
                        3/ Paint door frames.
                        4/ Give back door second coat of paint.
                        5/ Empty downstairs loo of junk and replace syphon in loo...hasn't worked for 9 months...I've had the part for 5 months!
                        6/ Repaint front door.
                        7/ Install a door on the en suite............not crazy about public toilet activity so a door is GOOD
                        8/ Rehang kitchen cupboard door that the washing machine bashed off during one of its random nutter events. I think it wants to escape. DONE: Including replumbing WM in new 'safe' location where it can't destroy kitchen.
                        9/ Paint all woodwork in hall and landing.
                        10/ Decorate hall and landing grrrrrrrrrr
                        11/ Build book case and radiator cover in sitting room. STARTING THURSDAY

12/ Redecorate bedroom DONE
                        13/ Open fireplace, get chimney swept. DONE

pmsl...keep adding things!

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          ooooooooh just you wait!
                          We shall deconstruct your bed at the hotel at Peterborough.
                          See how long it takes you to fix it!

Nice one Celestine:laugh: that should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
                            shower room roof needs re plastered done and painted the whole room
                            all windows and doors outside need varnished won't get done now too wet
                            garage door painted not going to bother same as above
                            daughter's bedroom (only if she keeps it tidy) won't need to do this now as it is okay just not our taste
                            garden needs major overhaul Just going to tidy this up and if I have time get fence stained
                            Have now done the en suite as well

This has now been done
                            Have to have a major clear out of cupboards etc have already done the boy's bedrooms,why do we keep so much stuff!!!!!!!!!!
                            Need to get the house ready to put on the market not looking forward to that at all.
                            just updating

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                              Here's my (ongoing) list:

GARDEN

Build a wall round the enormous pond that himself has got us.
                              Jet Wash Patio's - DONE needs re-doing at end of year.
                              New roof the goes over the patio (cat jumped on it and went straight through so now a massive hole in it).

HOUSE (Note to self, buy Dulux Endurable paint in future).

Repaint hall, stairs and landing (bought cheap magnolia but didn't realise when you try to wash off a mark it takes the paint away as well).
                              Paint Kitchen ceiling, door and frame. Fully tiled so no other painting needed.
                              Paint Bathrooms ceilings, door and frame. Fully tiled so no other painting needed.
                              Decorate small bedroom and lay new carpet which is in the garage £20 in the sales. - Work in Progress !!!
                              Decorate main bedroom, and build new wardrobes. (Gotta save up for the wardrobes).

FRONT OF HOUSE

Strip and Paint the window frames.
                              Paint the front of house.
                              Jet wash the drive (this job is massive, and takes ages. Then brush new driveway sand into the cracks between the block paving.
                              Tidy up the flower bed and clean all the white stones on it (they have all gone green, so need doing badly).
                              Repair the wall that himself knocked down whilst driving onto the drive one night.

Not bad for a start.

Comment

shower room roof needs re plastered done and painted the whole room
                                all windows and doors outside need varnished won't get done now too wet
                                garage door painted not going to bother same as above
                                garden needs major overhaul Just going to tidy this up and if I have time get fence stained Solicitor said all I need to do is cut the grass bit hard when it is snowing tho
                                Have now done the en suite as well
                                Have now done the utility room as well

This has now been done
                                Have done my bedroom and my daughters bedroom, Kitchen and the utility room, have packed what I don't need just now so won't be so hard when the time comes to move.

just updating

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X