• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Knighthood for Murrey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knighthood for Murrey?

I think not, as much as I am proud of what he has achieved and I fully enjoyed his match, I think over 1 million pounds and a lovely trophy plus all the other stuff that follows is ample.
    I actually don't agree with half the people being knighted but then that's just me lol
    Tags: None

Re: Knighthood for Murrey?

I heard last night that he donated his winnings to charity, if that's true then good on him. Re a knighthood, why not, if they can give it to someone like Paul McCartney then why not Murray ? As an aside I think that Paul O Grady should get one too for his work with the animals.

Comment

If Bradley Wiggins got one, then so should Murray really.

Saying that, I don't really agree with the one Wiggins got. So I would have said give neither one until they have perhaps won a lot more in their career and it is coming to an end. i.e. if won Wimbledon/the tour multiple times over their career. Not just because they one one big event once.

Comment

G'Morning my angels ray:
        Wiggo got a knighthood for winning Tour de France and Olympic Gold so t'is only right (to me) that Murray gets the same honour.
        I think Sapph (maybe wrongly),,that it wasn't his Wimbledon money he donated but all the proceeds from the charity event last week,,him,Lendl,Henman,Jonothan Ross,Michael MacIntyre and some others..to Royal Marsden cos his best mates just had cancer treatment there.
        :faint: I def need to get out more lol

Comment

I stand corrected Inca thank you.

Comment

Maybe an Earl?
            Or at least OBE.
            Better still, both - an Earlobe :behindsofa:
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Our last Wimbledon champion got one http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8126053.stm

Now he was a remarkable chap IMO

Comment

Has this guy ?Saved millions of kids from starving throught the world created a life saving drug?created a company that created thousands of jobs or done anything apart from getting paid large sums of money to play a sport?none of these so why does he deserve anything like a knighthood

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                  I heard last night that he donated his winnings to charity, if that's true then good on him. Re a knighthood, why not, if they can give it to someone like Paul McCartney then why not Murray ? As an aside I think that Paul O Grady should get one too for his work with the animals.
                  :cheer2: arty:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Any celeb that brings the plight of animals into the spotlight deserves every award going..Paul O'G is amazing

Comment

I think they had out Knighthoods without thought these days and half of it is for political purposes. Whatever happened to MBE OBE CBE. They dumbed them down and as such they needed to dumb down knighthoods

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X