• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lb xmas meet in Brighton Nov 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lb xmas meet in brighton

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    The Thistle is lovely and very central indeed. For those who can afford the Thistle, do go ahead.

Hotels in Kemptown are a very short walk away and are better value.

I'll do a map and a list in the next few days x Been swamped
    Are there any hotels or guest houses that are accessible to those with disabilities near to where the meet will take place, Cel? Thanks in advance.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I've provisionally booked a dinner at the Hilton. :tongue2: 7pm Saturday 30th November

It will be a private room (phew) and we need at least 20 guests to make it worthwhile.

Dinner will be £25 + vat per head for 3 courses. (Menu attached) :lunch:

NEW Inclusive Dinner Menu Selector.pdf

We'll organise wine, beer and soft drinks separately I think! :spit:Save any arguments over the bill LOL:fencing:

So whose IN???
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Are there any hotels or guest houses that are accessible to those with disabilities near to where the meet will take place, Cel? Thanks in advance.
        Yes indeed. I know Inca is seeking just such a place. I'll do a list in a minute.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

HOTELS WITH DISABLED FACILITIES - Listed by shortest distance from central Brighton

http://www.laterooms.com/en/k1628140...t=Miles#ydvinp

Comment

The Waterfront Restaurant IS closed that week end for some window repairs, but as we are going to be in The Library Private Dining Room we will be unaffected.

Comment

We ( that's not the Royal We) I mean myself and my dearly beloved will be more than happy to chomp at whatever or whichever nosebag hostelry you all decide upon.....saves me having to think..cos we all know how dangerous it is is when Incythinks lol xxxx

Comment

Booked.........Cel..please warn Brighton CID that I shall be residing on their patch for 2 nights,,so if there's any misdemeanours,,,,I have an alibi.......YOU lol

Comment

Everyone when you've booked can you please post up and say where you are staying so we can get a nice list going, also please indicate if you intend to attend the meal on the Saturday Evening please as per post #77 above.

Ok so booked so far in the Hilton

Celestine - yes for the meal
                  Sapphire and hubby - yes for the meal
                  Tuttsi and hubby - yes for the meal
                  Inca and her toyboy lol - yes for the meal

Comment

CONFIRMED - myself and hubby have booked 1 night on the 30th at the Metropole Hilton. The dinner in the evening is in the process of being arranged through Cel - in private room at the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      everyone when you've booked can you please post up and say where you are staying so we can get a nice list going, also please indicate if you intend to attend the meal on the saturday evening please as per post #77 above.

Ok so booked so far in the hilton

celestine - yes for the meal
                      sapphire and hubby - yes for the meal
                      tuttsi and hubby - yes for the meal
                      inca and her toyboy lol - yes for the meal
                      (and 4 cats)

​ifypfy...........................xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                        HOTELS WITH DISABLED FACILITIES - Listed by shortest distance from central Brighton

http://www.laterooms.com/en/k1628140...t=Miles#ydvinp
                        Thank you, Cel.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I must just say that I thoroughly enjoyed the York bash last year that Turbo had such a big hand in organising, along with Tuttsi, Cel, and many others. It was great to be among the Beagle pack for the 'group' activities, but it was also great to be able to do a bit of 'Al Fresco,' and just branch off and do as we wished in smaller groups - or even singly. The Beagles' dinner at the Hilton was absofably wonderful, and a resounding success IMO. It was utterly informal (for those who may no longer fit into their evening dress or ball gowns) - but some jerk still turned up in a bow-tie, while others did jeans & trainers. Even the other diners in the restaurant applauded Cel's magnifico speech - but I'm not sure what they made of the Legal Beagles' "howl" which Cel elicited from us all (you'll need to practice that - or bring a hunting horn). The Beagles' dinner is by no means compulsory - but I thoroughly recommend it, if you can manage it.

For those Beagles who are truly "In the Spirit" on that occasion - do NOT ask why Fox is not on the menu. It is considered inedible, and the unspeakable Chef Luigi WILL pursue and kill you. Any starter will do, but avoid the DCA Cocktail - the little critters are usually half-baked and have eaten all your lettuce before you get near it. The Bailiff Bisque may be a better bet - traditionally consumed through a straw, as the dish was created for those without teeth. For Main, I recommend the Shyster Thermidor - but you may need to ask for a steak knife as this mean little crustacean often has a very tough shell, and the meat is still very tough once you get to it. As for Dessert - anything that you consider is 'just' should be satisfactory !!! I don't think I need to advise on what coffee to order, do I ? The French, of course.

I much regret that I don't think I will be able to make it to Brighton, as we at the "-K" mansion have totally blown our budget on riotous living already, and are in danger of having to move into the Lodge. Brighton is a great place and has happy memories for me, and I don't think anyone will be disappointed. If I can get there, then I will - and I'll continue devising 'cunning plans' until I come up with a decent-sized turnip.

Go for it, guys, and go for it 100% !!!

Comment

Great post Bill--much wit as ever

I certainly hope you all have as much fun organising the Brighton meet as I did with the York meet

There were hundreds of pubs within the City Walls and I had to select 2 over a 4 month period--it was "thirsty work"--but someone had to do it

I also doubt I can make it - as my passport has run out

But we'll see nearer the actual date

Comment

Anyone else attending ?

So far booked in the Hilton

celestine - yes for the meal
                              sapphire and hubby - yes for the meal
                              tuttsi and hubby - yes for the meal
                              inca and her toyboy lol - yes for the meal

Comment

Wish I could meet and greet you all but its a long way!
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X