• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What would happen if...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if...

This is just a theoretical thread.

In the messed up, befuddled mind I have, I have been thinking, yes dangerous I know..

We are a nation with free votes, and a majority vote wins (please dont start debates about how it doesn't you know what I mean) so my question is:

What would happen if we all voted for the Monster Raving Loony party and they won?
    At the moment their leader is Colin The Duck I believe, it used to be Screaming Lord Such, then his cat (can't remember the name).

If they won, would Colin actually be our PM (wow what a cool idea- Your Majesty Mr Deduck craves an audience) ?
    Tags: None

Re: What would happen if...

If we all voted Monster Raving Looney Party then they win the election.

That's how Parliamentary Democracy works.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

yeh but would the Duck be PM or would they insist on a human?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
        yeh but would the Duck be PM or would they insist on a human?
        If the duck is allowed to be on the ballot and wins a seat and is leader of the party then they would be the PM

Comment

The leader of the Official Monster Raving Party is Howling Laud Hope and so I think the duck might be President or Party Chairman.

Cannot believe I have been looking at their website only interrupted by the Labour party knocking on doors....

Comment

they dont knock on our door, know what would happen if they did!!

Comment

I think you will find, Puff, we are in the final days of the party political system. It is a busted flush and busted beyond repair. It lacks all credibility and is all too easy to manipulate. What is most likely to emerge is a system where there are no political parties of any description. You will still have MPs and I have no doubt you will have groups of MPs who have similar beliefs to each other, but the system as it currently stands is dying on its feet. It is likely there will still be a Prime Minister, Secretaries of State and ministers, but they will be elected from amongst the MPs by the MPs themselves, not appointed by the Prime Minister as they are now.

What I have outlined above is not dissimilar to the Tribal Councils that existed when we were just tribes wandering around what is now the continents as they are now. With the tribal system you have consensus, but with the party system you have corruption and minority governments that are totally unrepresentative of the wishes of the electorate, with minority governments and groups imposing their corrupted ethics on the majority.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

see if we had a duck as our prime minister, the price of bread would drop msl:

Comment

I live in hope that ,within my lifetime, we actually get a sensible government.Can't see it happening but one must have hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                    I live in hope that ,within my lifetime, we actually get a sensible government.Can't see it happening but one must have hope.
                    Never say never. Like I said above, the current party system is dying on its feet.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                      AWW now that means that my idea to take over the world is quashed..

I was gonna have you as my wing woman and affix blades to the Incamobile, Inca the Invicible, have BB in charge of the police and stuff, Leclerc could take over the banks and the world is ours.. but i cant do sensible..

My idea was killer attack dascshunds running down the hallways of the Hauge, either that or a child catcher equse politician trap with free champers and caviar (cod roe and food colouring )

Comment

It must be really weird in your world puff.

Comment

AWW now that means that my idea to take over the world is quashed..

I was gonna have you as my wing woman and affix blades to the Incamobile, Inca the Invicible, have BB in charge of the police and stuff, Leclerc could take over the banks and the world is ours.. but i cant do sensible..

My idea was killer attack dascshunds running down the hallways of the Hauge, either that or a child catcher equse politician trap with free champers and caviar (cod roe and food colouring )

Blimey woman,,what you on??? :hippie: :rockon:

Comment

What would happen if we all voted for the Monster Raving Loony party and they won?
                            At the moment their leader is Colin The Duck I believe, it used to be Screaming Lord Such, then his cat (can't remember the name).
                            Catmando, although his preferred human was Howling Laud Hope. (link)

HTH

Comment

i cant do sensible..
                              I can...

... sometimes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X