• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

YAY!!! She's back :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YAY!!! She's back

welcome back Dame Sapphy (well if aus can have a dame enda, why cant we have a dame sapphy!)

Wheres me hunky aussie surfer???

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
      Wheres me hunky aussie surfer???
      With your luck, you'd probably find that the bulge in his budgie smugglers was just a budgie he was smuggling.

Comment

or he looks like Paul Hogan!!

Comment

I am bereft because my Koalie,who I was going to name BASIL,,did not pass GO,,did not collect £200,,and did not actually make it out of his Eucalyptus tree to be 'borrowed on a permanent basis'..however,,as hurt as I am,I am happy that me Sapphers got back safely (which is more than can be said for Mr Sapphers' iphone

Comment

or he looks like Paul Hogan!!
            Who he?

Comment

crocodile dundee

Comment

The trip was excellent (once we got there), the day we left it was snowing hard, we boarded the plane to Hong Kong and had to sit on the runway for 5 hours waiting our turn for the de-icing lorries, 8 lorries to a Boeing 747, then up up and away, 12 hours to Hong Kong. Blimey that place is amazing, skyscrapers everywhere and millions of people charging about like worker ants. Nathan Road on Kowloon Island is shoppers paradise, had to find refuge in an Irish Bar for some peace lol. We did a dinner cruise round the islands which is a must, plus an open top bus tour which takes you round places you wouldn't see on your own, we went to the night market, crazy prices, 3 men's polo shirts for a tenner for instance.
                Then off to Australia, we flew into Perth first, got through customs quite easily considering the stories you see on the telly of how hard it is to get through, but then again we didn't have foodstuffs/drugs/plants etc lol, we then took a domestic flight to Melbourne and met my cousin for the first time in 42 years, no we didn't cry, we just cuddled and trundled off to her house. OMG what a place, they live on a golf complex/course and its fab its called Sandhurst, Victoria, Aus, take a look its beautiful http://www.sandhurst.com/developer.aspx.
                Anyways the next day was Australia Day and they held the traditional BBQ and met all their friends, everyone was so nice and have become our friends too (hopefully).
                Among the things we did was ....

Portsea http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions...s/Portsea.aspx
                Phillip Island http://www.visitphillipisland.com/
                Eureka Tower http://www.eurekaskydeck.com.au/

We also did Moonlight Cinema, basically everyone goes to Botany Gardens in Melbourne, you can hire bean bags and then a giant blow up screen appears and you watch the film, can't remember the name but it had Meryl Streep in it, was about a couple going for sex counselling and was a great film. Everyone takes a picnic and drinks and there were fruit bats everywere, was a great evening.

Sydney was incredible, short flight, just over an hour, we stayed at the Park Hotel, Darling Harbour, and was there for Chinese New Year, OMG the firework show was amazing, my cousin told us we were getting a cab to the hotel, they had organised a cheauffer driven limosine, guy in uniform the full works, loved it.
                We went to Watsons Bay to Doyles Seafood Restaurant, my life I've never eaten so much http://www.doyles.com.au/index.asp
                oh and Nicks http://www.nicks-seafood.com.au/Nick...Restaurant.htm
                The Centrepoint Tower http://www.aviewoncities.com/sydney/sydneytower.htm
                Bondi Beach - was out having a paddle when all hell let loose, lifeguards shouting everyone out, so me thinks, **cking hell its a shark, was it heck it was mahooooosive jelly fish and they apparently can paralyse you.
                Oh and an open top bus tour round the city amazing what you see.

Back to Melbourne, my Auntie would pick us up and take us out and about, we met my other cousin and his family, a giant of a man, trucker and volunteer fire fighter, fantastically fit and told the most amazing stories about bush fires.

Oh we did so much, you'll get bored stiff if I listed it all, suffice to say it was incredible and we were both so so sad to leave and I admit I cried all the way back and am still crying. Himself has also said how he loved it.

Anyway, our son and his wife (she's a senior nurse) are applying to go there to live, we are thinking of putting an application in for a retirement visa, plus we have at least three sponsors too. We looked at houses whilst there and know that we could have a lovely life/retirement and I can be near my family too. Its all down to if we were accepted first, as I say you don't know till you try and if you get accepted you don't have to go do you, then its figures, if the business sells and so on, so nothings set in stone and of course its himselfs daughter and her family being left behind too and I have to respect that of course.

Thats about it really, I'll update you all as and when I know more.

I did log in here now and again, and chatted to Tuttsi on the phone, viber is brilliant lol. Also kept in touch via Facebook too, so I wasn't completely lost but I had promised himself that I would take complete time out from forums so had to creep on when he wasn't watching.

But I am back, still struggling with the Jet Lag aspect but am getting there slowly.

Comment

crocodile dundee
                  Could be worse.

He might look like Donk.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X