• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles Book Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beagles Book Club

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
    that sounds so interesting Wales!
    Sorry puff f=dont get your reply i never thought it an interesting book or subject just that it moved me and made me realise the evil that human beings can do an extreme of human behaviour that exists on a lesser scale even today

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
      Nothing to do with what they read - it's the sales info and link. My apologies to Lucifa 42 if it's not.
      It's Amazon. Not Marstons! And the link was to a "try it for free" which I and millions of others around the world use regularly for all sorts of books. No different than suggesting that someone pop down to Waterstones and browse the first chapter over a coffee - although considerably more convenient. Others have posted links on this site to their own publications before now and haven't been treated to six inch square insults before even engaing brain and using google to find out if this is legitimate. Which it is. The American author - so not highly likely to be browsing UK consumer rights sites to spam his already best selling publication for which he has already sold the film rights, with that not so well-known Ridely Scott being tipped as interested in directing - doesn't seem any more probable to be spamming Legal Beagles than George RR Martin would be. This thread was started to provide people with an opportunity to share books that they had read and enjoyed. What made Lucifa42 not part of the "club"?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Sorry puff f=dont get your reply i never thought it an interesting book or subject just that it moved me and made me realise the evil that human beings can do an extreme of human behaviour that exists on a lesser scale even today
        Try the Auschwitz Violin by Maria Anglada. It reminds you that courage and beauty trascend whatever evil people can commit. You can read a free sample of it on Amazon, but if I provide you with a link I might be accused of spamming!

Comment

" but if I provide you with a link I might be accused of spamming! "

Heaven forfend:drama:

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
            Try the Auschwitz Violin by Maria Anglada. It reminds you that courage and beauty trascend whatever evil people can commit. You can read a free sample of it on Amazon, but if I provide you with a link I might be accused of spamming!
            Perhaps they would, I suppose they are entitled to their opinion as well, don't ya think.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
              Perhaps they would, I suppose they are entitled to their opinion as well, don't ya think.
              Yes - but we don't all try to impose our (wrong) opinion on others by accusing people of things that they haven't done. There is not and never was a shred of evidence that anyone on this thread was spamming.

Comment

Yes - but we don't all try to impose our (wrong) opinion on others by accusing people of things that they haven't done..
                Quite agree. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Comment

Got you there Eloise.

Back on topic are you aware of James Thurber's short story "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty",

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    Read 5 Chimneys The story of an Auchwitz survivior you realise how evil mankind can be alesson in history that should never be forgot,

I'm going to get that one Wales,,,although it may take me weeks to read it because anything from that atrocity makes me cry copiously..Thanks for the recommendation I shall also get the one you recommended El..does no harm to read about what really happened.

Comment

Errrrrrr hang on here everyone, my Step Daughter is an Author and has so far written two quite good books, a third is on the way, they are 'loosely' based on a period of her life, the third takes in the hardest part and how it affected all of our lives, its a trilogy and are the kind of easy read on holiday ones, here's the link for the first two published http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...s=lisa+j+skone
                      Does that make me a spammer, no I think not, I am merely a proud step parent who is giving you a link to her books, plus I'm admin, so if you want to report this post, go ahead, but I won't ban myself, as I won't ban anyone for recommending a book, I will however and do very regularly ban 'real spammers'.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                        Quite agree. Maybe you should practice what you preach.
                        You are becoming something of a troll. You spend your time telling other people what they may and may not think, what is and is not moral, and expect everyone to post to the standards set by you, and then becaome nasty and insulting on a personal basis when people disagree with you. You do not own this site, you do not decide what people may and may not post, and you are not the moral and ethical guardian of the views of others. You were wrong to bully and pick on Lucifa42 and you simply cannot and will not accept that your banner sized insult was untrue. You accuse others of "letting down the side" because you disagree with their opinions, and persist in resorting to personal insults when you cannot keep control of the agenda - you are becoming quite a nasty piece of work.
                        Last edited by Eloise01; 23rd March 2013, 08:33:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                          Errrrrrr hang on here everyone, my Step Daughter is an Author and has so far written two quite good books, a third is on the way, they are 'loosely' based on a period of her life, the third takes in the hardest part and how it affected all of our lives, its a trilogy and are the kind of easy read on holiday ones, here's the link for the first two published http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...s=lisa+j+skone
                          Does that make me a spammer, no I think not, I am merely a proud step parent who is giving you a link to her books, plus I'm admin, so if you want to report this post, go ahead, but I won't ban myself, as I won't ban anyone for recommending a book, I will however and do very regularly ban 'real spammers'.
                          Post reported

George Orwell-1984 Big brother is watching you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                            Quite right Sapphy.

The growth in self-publishing is actually a wonderful thing which enables people who would otherwise never have an opportunity to publish a way to at least try their hand and their luck, and share their words with others. The fact that sellers like Amazon are able and willing to "stock" these books because of advances in technology etc., is a brilliant thing. It places control in the hands of readers as to what they wish to read and what they like, not in the hands of publishers who can control the market and restrict the number of books published. Self-publishing has moved way beyond the vanity press of the ricj and wealthy thanks to technology

Comment

You are becoming something of a troll. You spend your time telling other people what they may and may not think, what is and is not moral, and expect everyone to post to the standards set by you, and then becaome nasty and insulting on a personal basis when people disagree with you. You do not own this site, you do not decide what people may and may not post, and you are not the moral and ethical guardian of the views of others. You were wrong to bully and pick on Lucifa42 and you simply cannot and will not accept that your banner sized insult was untrue. You accuse others of "letting down the side" because you disagree with their opinions, and persist in resorting to personal insults when you cannot keep control of the agenda - you are becoming quite a nasty piece of work.
                              Sorry Eloise but to my limited intelligence this post sounds fairly, "nasty and insulting", seems to me that you do your share of telling people what to think, and as for being the moral and PC guardian, case of pot calling kettle burned axse I think.

Comment

I did not start this - you seem to forget that this debate is happening because MissFM yet again decided to have a personal and nasty dig at an individual for not meeting her exacting standards and did it "writ large". She could have made a mistake yes - then she could have reported herself and asked admin to remove the post as a misjudgement about someone.

But I will not continue to derail this thread. I have made the points I intended to make and have nothing to add to them

Thank you for confirming your limited intelligence - I had wondered about this and so will put you on my ignore list.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X