• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What's in a word?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a word?

Is there any word that you cannot say, no matter how hard you try?

I have a couple and I get told I am making this up, but I simply CANNOT say it!

For example:
    Certificate. This comes out as cerSTIFISET. I cannot say that word!!!
    Domino: game of DONIMOS anyone??
    The name DOMINIC: Donamic
    Hippopotimus: Hipapopamas, hiptatopamouse, hippamapopa..... CHUFF IT it's a hippo!!

Let's hear yours...
    Tags: None

Re: What's in a word?

I can't say 'shock absorbers' it comes out as 'shob agsorgers'....Rob can't say,'aluminium' it comes out as 'aloomun'
    My sister Lolly said 'samidges' for 'sandwiches'.....and 'soldjas' for shoulders.
    I have a lisp,so lots come out different lol

Comment

One of my BIL's is Canadian.. from Ottawa. To hear how he speaks is classic.

Penguin: Penk Quin
      Sausage: Sorrrrsidge
      Yacht: Yorht (I can't even type the way he says that one)
      Ostrich: Oorstritch

Comment

Drives me mad when hear people on the TV say.
        Nucular, instead of nuclear.

Same kind of thing anyone remember the Ford Angula(Anglia)

Comment

I've got to see the dentist today,,can guarantee I won't make sense after that lol
          I'm a grammar nazi,,and really have to control myself cos it's not fair on other people,my little foibles are not their fault. My nephew,Luke,couldn't pronounce his 's' as a littley,,,he sat in my car once and pronounced to my Mum he was going to 'hing her a hong' lmao... and my Jack still says 'amblublance' lol

Comment

My son could never say "paramedic" it would always come out as padameric much to our amusement. Being the nasty parents we are, we would deliberately point out an ambulance and ask him what it was (as you do) after several years of "padameric" he one day had a couple of tries then said "its an ambulance dude" which has now stuck with us ... bless him he is now 24 and still can't say paramedic lol
            One life - Live it!

Comment

My eldest son cannot say Emergency, it comes out Ebergamcy

Hubby cannot for the life of him say Congratulations. That somehow becomes Comblatchoodaytons or something.

Neice Jess (and she is gonna kill me for this one) couldn't say her name.
              She would say Sessika for Jessica and Arnta for Aunty. Oh and if anyone wants to buy her a dog she will have a Dacksmund please.

My nephew Pat couldnt say his S's and changed it for an F. so sweeties became Fweeties and shoes became Foos.

We all took great pleasure in buying the kid lollipops, especially as when the Granny was offered a suck of the lolly!!

Comment

Underbrella (umbrella)!
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

My friend Ste. as a terrible problem with the words."Its my round"

Comment

and deep pockets yeh?

Comment

I am always called Aunty Giggy..

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                        and deep pockets yeh?
                        Yep short arms

Comment

my youngest say hobbible instead of horrible its CUUUUUUUTE

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                            Yep short arms
                            Must be a yorkshire man/women!
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Now i didnt say that.. *but nods anyway*

Jess's bf has just called me to say "Aunty, we are at the station awaiting out connection, we will get the bus to yours as we don't have a lot of LUD-GAUGE!"

A pet hate of mine is people who say Texts-es..its TEXTS.
                              As a former 02 worker, it drove me nuts to get the call "They want more TEXTSES than they have atm."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X