• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Message from Bluebottle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Message from Bluebottle

Codine gives me stomach cramps, sickness, high temprature, rash, buzzing in my ears, meniers like symptoms and, if Himself doesn't get me to A&e quick enough, total loss of co-ordination... but luckily if im sick enough I dont get the total collapse.
    Gotta be bad when you say luckily Im sick!!

When I was in hospital with the kids I had a band that actually read DO NOT GIVE CODINE IF YOU WISH TO STAY UPRIGHT. and the one on the right one said IN CASE OF ALLERGIC REACTION, ADRENILINE ONLY!

Comment

Give this lot a buzz, Puff. http://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk I suffer more from intolerances and, therefore, belong to Allergy UK, but they also cater for people with allergies. http://www.allergyuk.org/
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Received a phone call from my GP's surgery at 5.40 pm on Christmas Eve. "Hello, Mr Bluebottle," says the receptionist. "Your blood test results are back. The doctor says your blood count is okay, but your iron levels are low." That explains the dizzy spells I'm getting. I'll be on iron supplements for two months, then have to go back for a further blood test.

I've been sampling Morrisons' own-brand Free From Ginger Cake Slices and Free-From Shortbread, due to my being wheat intolerant. I have to say that both products taste very nice and you wouldn't think they were dairy, gluten and wheat-free. They also do their own-brand Free-From Carrot and Coriander Soup which is delicious. Okay, plug over, but, seriously, if you are dairy or wheat intolerant or have Coeliac Disease, check out Morrisons' own-brand Free-From range. Incidentally, they are always the first to notify Allergy UK of any problems with their own-brand foods that could affect those with allergies and intolerances. Sainsbury is next, followed by Asda. The last to notify is, yes, you've guessed it, Tesco. Says a lot about Tesco, doesn't it?

Comment

[QUOTE=bluebottle;305140]Received a phone call from my GP's surgery at 5.40 pm on Christmas Eve. "Hello, Mr Bluebottle," says the receptionist. "Your blood test results are back. The doctor says your blood count is okay, but your iron levels are low." That explains the dizzy spells I'm getting. I'll be on iron supplements for two months, then have to go back for a further blood test.

Dear Bluebottle

Just a thought - despite taking the (iron) pills religiously for months they didn't work for me due to malabsorption (although did benefit from the unpleasant side effects!) New GP put me on course of injections - literally a PIA as you have one in the buttock every day for 3 weeks. After one week I felt so much better and within 3 weeks iron levels were "within normal range". Worth asking your GP if this option would be better for you?

Happy New Year!

Comment

[QUOTE=MissFM;305237]
            Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Received a phone call from my GP's surgery at 5.40 pm on Christmas Eve. "Hello, Mr Bluebottle," says the receptionist. "Your blood test results are back. The doctor says your blood count is okay, but your iron levels are low." That explains the dizzy spells I'm getting. I'll be on iron supplements for two months, then have to go back for a further blood test.

Dear Bluebottle

Just a thought - despite taking the (iron) pills religiously for months they didn't work for me due to malabsorption (although did benefit from the unpleasant side effects!) New GP put me on course of injections - literally a PIA as you have one in the buttock every day for 3 weeks. After one week I felt so much better and within 3 weeks iron levels were "within normal range". Worth asking your GP if this option would be better for you?

Happy New Year!
            Hi MissFM,

I am also on Lansoprazole which reduces the amount of acid the stomach produces. The doctors have found that with me, where drugs are concerned, oral administration, in my case, is usually best. They learned a very serious lesson about injecting drugs into me about 15 years ago when they gave me a intramuscular injection of Chlorpromazine which resulted in my losing consciousness. When I regained consciousness, they admitted they should have conducted checks with my GP and did not. The only drug injections I have now are local anaesthetics which are known not to present any problem or risk to me.

From what you say, it sounds like injecting drugs is better for you, due to a malabsorption problem you have.

Have a Happy New Year.

BB

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
              I'll be on iron supplements for two months, then have to go back for a further blood test.
              Originally posted by MissFM
              despite taking the (iron) pills religiously for months they didn't work for me due to malabsorption (although did benefit from the unpleasant side effects!)
              The iron compound commonly used in prescription tablets is often less effective and more prone to side effects than those derived from natural sources. You could try Floradix.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                The iron compound commonly used in prescription tablets is often less effective and more prone to side effects than those derived from natural sources. You could try Floradix.
                Exactly enquirer! and the other one is blacksmith's water (ie the water they put the hot just-forged iron horseshoes in to cool them, not the other thing.

With absolute respect to you, BB - chlorpromazine is a powerful synthetic sedative/antipsychotic drug whereas iron is an element needed by the human body to function normally - don't mean to be over sensitive but I really am not promoting the idea that injecting drugs is a good thing or something I would ever routinely do, just that injecting SOME necessary vits/mins, when you have a lack therof, reaches the bloodstream faster and more effectively and without unpleasant gastric side-effects - a well-intended suggestion not meant to offend (or give a weird impression)- quite the opposite.

Please get well soon BB and adding my very best wishes to those of your other many admirers for a happy and healthy new year.

Comment

Some people find that taking medication orally (by mouth) suits them better, whereas others find that having the medication administered by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection is better. In some cases, a doctor will make the decision, based on the patient's medical history.

The iron supplement my GP has prescribed is Ferrous Sulphate, which, I understand, is the usual weapon of choice. I have to go back for further blood tests in eight weeks' time.

I believe, and so does my GP, that iron sourced from food is better than popping iron tablets. However, being on medication that weakens the hydrochloric acid in my stomach, they are giving me iron supplements until the Lansoprazole dose is reduced, after which time, things should go back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                    Exactly enquirer! and the other one is blacksmith's water (ie the water they put the hot just-forged iron horseshoes in to cool them ...
                    Also dropping an iron nail into a bottle of vinegar, and then using the vinegar as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                      Also dropping an iron nail into a bottle of vinegar, and then using the vinegar as normal.
                      Slight problem there. Vinegar contains high levels of histamine. And I am intolerant to histamine. Good suggestion, though.

Comment

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I may not be on the forums for a while. The pain element of the Fibromyalgia has been and still is giving me gee-up, mainly, in the joints and muscles. I am planning to go for hydrotherapy next Wednesday, so I am hoping this will help ease it a bit. I will look in from time to time and will try and help on any difficult cases.

Bluebottle

Comment

Hope you feel much, much better really soon BB x

Comment

I wish yoy loads better very soon and pain free x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X